extra switch mounts
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: extra switch mounts

mOtOman

Re: extra switch mounts

I'm considering throwing on some heated grips onto the 929. From what I understand I need to mount the switch somewhere onto the body work or handlebars.

I'm also interested in adding a pushbutton that will be connected to a garage door remote, similar to what this guy did:
    http://www.micapeak.com/bike/FJR1300/mods/oddbits.html

I'd prefer not to drill any stock parts...has anyone bought or fabricated something to allow for some extra switches and pushbuttons that are easily accesible while riding?

I kind of have an idea of what to do, but I'm trying to see if there's some more creative ideas that I haven't thought of.

HondaGal

Good question! I'm also looking for a place to mount a cig power recepticle to use for accessory power.

itsdesignateddave

I put the one for my neons under the seat, between the lower subframe mount and the bottom of the seat. No one even notices where that it is there, and it is inset enough so that it doesn't get hit while riding. On my old f2 i put one behind the liscense plate where it couldn't be seen for a hidden switch. If you have a micro sized switch, there is enough room without too much work to make a small L shape bracket and put it between the bottom of the dash mount and the little rubber insulators.