Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: XM Radio

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: XM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Critz
    sometimes i can wave my hand around the unit... and the static will stop.. but as soon as i remove it.... blech...
    That's 'cuz you have so much freakin' metal in your body that it automatically magnifies any radio signal 100x

Trackho

Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft
    I had it on the XX for a while. Worked fine, but I just grew tired of it.

http://www.conqsoft.com/myimages/1100XX/cockpit.jpg
    I ahve it in the car for the past 6 mos--its OK--but if you arexpecting to hear alot of new popular music---you wont--it mostly old, and unheard of bands--I have NEVER heard so much crappy lynard skynard and allman bros is my life(must be cheap)

maxib

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD
    That's 'cuz you have so much freakin' metal in your body that it automatically magnifies any radio signal 100x

I was trying to figure out a good way to say the same thing too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

timeBOMB

Quote Originally Posted by 929Boomer
    I ahve it in the car for the past 6 mos--its OK--but if you arexpecting to hear alot of new popular music---you wont--it mostly old, and unheard of bands--I have NEVER heard so much crappy lynard skynard and allman bros is my life(must be cheap)
    I have XM and would never be without it again.. I love the comedy channel and I dont want to hear the same old top-forty tunes over and over.. so I love the new stuff.. the 80's and 90's channel etc..

well worth the 10 bucks a month.

deez

Just put it in, got the smallest antenna that anyone makes right now, reception is good, headed down there to try out the channels now....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by figment
    yeah, if you're talking about the line-out of the sirus, the delphi has the same thing. Just not enough of it. Possible that my kenwood head unit aux input is a little deaf too
    On my Pioneer HU, I had to get a little box (i think it was called an IPBus or something) to get sound out of the AUX. If I hooked the iPod directly into the AUX, I had to turn it waaay up to hear anything. Put this little box in and fixed it.

This thing
    Last edited by OSIRIS; 09-17-2004 at 11:34 AM. Reason: found it

Baketech

Just spent 20+ hours in the car with the Sirius....

The Good:
    Lots of good content, comedy channels are a welcome bonus. The metro traffic channels are nice. Plenty of decent programming, with minimal scrolling during the 3 days.

The Bad:
    Fm modulator sucks ass, especially while traveling cross country. Channel bleed is frequent. Probably not a problem if you don't travel, but the crappier sound quality is another minus with the modulator...

Bridges and overpasses cause a short dropout....very annoying.

The Other:
    Based on the program options, it would appear that older users have a wider range of channels that appeal to them....

Need to see how it appeals over a longer term, but so far a thumbs up. I would't consider the modulator again....either Aux or integrated for the next purchase.

figment

Quote Originally Posted by Baketech
    Just spent 20+ hours in the car with the Sirius....

The Bad:
    Fm modulator sucks ass, especially while traveling cross country. Channel bleed is frequent. Probably not a problem if you don't travel, but the crappier sound quality is another minus with the modulator...

Bridges and overpasses cause a short dropout....very annoying.
    ... I would't consider the modulator again....either Aux or integrated for the next purchase.
    xmradio gets around the obstruction issue with terrestrial transmitters in urban areas and a 10 second buffer. The FM modulator is excellent. Best I've ever used. But its still a modulator.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD
    I /wish/ that were the case

i got nothin'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XM Radio-_me_and_tal.jpg  

figment

Quote Originally Posted by Baketech

The Bad:
    http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=pieoem
    maybe something by PIE would help

Baketech

Quote Originally Posted by figment
    http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=pieoem
    maybe something by PIE would help
    That's an interesting widget...

deez

I've used the XM for a few days now, no real complaints. I hooked mine up direct via IP Bus so I don't have to use a FM Modulator.

HondaGal

You guys may want to check out this site audio interfaces. They may be an alternative for you guys with FM modulators to consider.

I'm using a wired modulator in my car now because there was no interface for my stereo head unit. Now there is one and I'm going to give one of these a try. The sound quality isn't bad with the modulator but this interface should make it even better.

As was said before, the Roady2 has been improved substantially over the SkyFi and Roady units. There's even a SkyFi2 unit out now that's an improved model as well. Press release.

Hammer

I have a delphi sky fi that i don't use any more. I used it in the semi when i was on the road. I was very pleased with stations and performance.I have the antenna, Delphi sky fi , and car kit with tape conversion. Let me know if anyone is interested. If not it will be collecting more dust.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

xm radios

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.