Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In-Helmet music and radio?

sinfuldragon

Re: In-Helmet music and radio?

how much?

Quinc

not for sale. just saying that i bought one of the older systems.

sinfuldragon

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    not for sale. just saying that i bought one of the older systems.
    You tease.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

analogbear

I like that you can hook up really good canal-phones to the Autocom set, but I don't like that the really good A-com set costs like 400 bucks.

Quinc

ebay! i lucked out with mine and bought a discontinued model for half off.

marius

whats wrong with the music your bike is playing to you mine is just fine dont need no other music in my ears also it can be dangerous

2k929

What is so dangerous about listening to music. As long as you are paying attention visually you should be able to ride properly. The only thing it may hinder would be that you do not hear sirens from emergency vehicles, which may be muffled from the helmet and engine noise already.

JeepinJeff

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    whats wrong with the music your bike is playing to you mine is just fine dont need no other music in my ears also it can be dangerous
    I used to say the same thing, until I tried it one day and WOW, it just added a new experience to the bike that I really enjoyed.

Only negative I saw was the tendency to twist that right wrist a little harder when something like Fuel by Metallica came on.

Quinc

yeah you got to mix in some jack johnson or other slow rock to get you back down to the speed limit.

SGTCONRAD304

I VE GOT TO LISTEN TO MY IPOD NANO WITH EAR BUDS. THEY MAKE A SLITER FOR TWO PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME. I LIKE IT JUST 1/2 VOLUME SO I CAN STILL HEAR THE BIKE AND SIRENS ETC...

briflight

Buy a Goldwing and have everything at your fingertips (my koss earbuds do sound better though)

BillAce

I'm working on a Bluetooth solution that provides full frequency stereo audio and supports A2DP mobile phones. THe idea is the phone and MP3 player will pair simultaneously and music will be interupted if a call comes in. The noise cancelling for the mic is the biggest obstacle, we have a mic design that is working well. I use a prototype daily so I don't miss calls while communting and listening to my iPod. I ordered shorter cables for my Ultimate Ears SuperFi Pro 5's and still get great audio quality. I bet there will be a few products of this type out there soon...

up1night

the chatterbox works for me. When riding with the fellas it's great because we can all chat when we want and when no one is talking listen to music. I held off for the longest time saying this was a bad idea. Couldn't imagine riding without it now.

SamoanzRR

I have an iRiver and some cheap helmet speakers. works great and its not too loud.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My parents recently gave me a MI134 from helmetaudio.com ($89.99), it has inputs for intercom, cell phone, transceiver, and audio device. Music cancels automatically if someone calls or if the intercom is activated. I have it connected to the helmet speakers that they have available on their website. You definitey want to upgrade the intercom set-up to the helmet speaker one that is optional. The little over the ear speakers that it comes with are really cheesy. It works in the living room but have yet to use it on the bike since my second helmet is away getting painted. The whole point of the purchase was to allow my wife and I to communicate on the bike and I think it will work for this. As far as multiple bike comm. goes it does have the input for a transceiver (walkie talkie) but then your buddies would have to have a compatible set-up. I'll try to give a full review once I get my helmet back.

SamoanzRR

I don't want to hear my wife when she's on the back of my bike......but I am thinking of getting a chatterbox set up with some other riders from around here.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't fired up about hearing her either but she likes to go on rides which makes it easier for me to get my motorcycle spending bills past the finance committee.

SamoanzRR

aaaah...i get it

dmack

A cheap alternative to the Etyomics and others are Koss earbuds. They make two different kinds, the plug and the sparkplug. I have used them both and the plug is a little better due to the round edges not snaging on the inside of the helmet as much when you put it on. $14.99 and I think they work as well as any earbuds out there. I got mine at Radio Shack

PLUG - Earbud Headphones - Koss

SPARKPLUG - Earbud Headphones - Koss

sytheii

Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    I'm working on a Bluetooth solution that provides full frequency stereo audio and supports A2DP mobile phones. THe idea is the phone and MP3 player will pair simultaneously and music will be interupted if a call comes in. The noise cancelling for the mic is the biggest obstacle, we have a mic design that is working well. I use a prototype daily so I don't miss calls while communting and listening to my iPod. I ordered shorter cables for my Ultimate Ears SuperFi Pro 5's and still get great audio quality. I bet there will be a few products of this type out there soon...
    I haven't made many posts since i bought my bike and registered for this forum, mainly because i haven't had any need to just as of yet, but recently i had been using in ear head phones with my ipod and i greatly enjoy the experience of listening to music while riding, but more often than not, i place a call before getting on the bike to arrange a meeting or whatever, and sometimes people call me when im on the bike, and i ignore it cause i just want to get to where im going, but inevitably there is some hitch and plans get changed.

What you are talking about, Bill Ace, is exactly what i am looking for. Having an mp3 player and cell phone fully integrated so that calls are answered automatically when received while listening to music and after they are done, just having it go back to music, while at the same time, having the luxury of no wires. Ideally having speakers and mike with a reciever/transmitter inside of your full face helmet, either blue tooth or whatever to talk to your device(ie iphone,) and an easily accessible port so that you can charge your helmet when you get off the bike! My first thought when considering this was the iphone, i think it does essentially that, but i wasn't sure of how to link the two.

If anyone knows of anything out there that is similar to this idea, i am all ears.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast