Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: In-Helmet music and radio?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
    I have one. It is basically useless as it comes in the package. It definitely needs the optional throat mike, the HS36 headset, and the handlebar PTT. I just haven't been willing to gamble on spending the money for them. The head sets that come with it have a goofy PTT that is impossible to find while riding. Then when you do manage to find the button if you are going more than 20mph you only hear wind noise. Sitting in the kitchen it works great. Real world not so good. I think it might be okay with the optional accessories listed above but I don't know.

sytheii

Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    I'm working on a Bluetooth solution that provides full frequency stereo audio and supports A2DP mobile phones. THe idea is the phone and MP3 player will pair simultaneously and music will be interupted if a call comes in. The noise cancelling for the mic is the biggest obstacle, we have a mic design that is working well. I use a prototype daily so I don't miss calls while communting and listening to my iPod. I ordered shorter cables for my Ultimate Ears SuperFi Pro 5's and still get great audio quality. I bet there will be a few products of this type out there soon...

hey again, i just wanted to say, that i did find something that was exactly what i needed, and i started an appreciation thread here

https://www.pioneerforums.com/forums/...t-headset.html

hey billace, do you work for j and m? hehe

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our group of four has been using Collett Communicators for 5 years. Collett Electronics - Helmet Communication . For the price they have been very good. They are in the 900 mhz band like military so it has way less interference than say the 450 mhz that FRS radios have. Comes with a no haggle 3 year parts and labor warranty as well. The new models out that a couple other buddies just got are full stereo and bluetooth for cell phones. Music input is hard wired. Battery pack is separate from the unit. They take very good care of their customers too! Made in Canada as well instead of China for a change. Works great with passengers and a very sensitive and adjustable VOX control. Check out the website and see.

jasonlakewhitne

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    I use Nady MRC-11's that work great for me. They are FRS, have intercom and input for audio. Throat mic and dual ear tubes with a remote PTT switch I mounted next to my high/low beam switch. No wind noise, even when a buddy of mine borrowed one that had a half helmet. We talked back and forth with no problem.
    What throat mic and ear tubes are you using?
    Sounds like I nice set up.

Although I like the options that the Chatterbox FRS X2 gives.

Rabidzoomer

i usally just use my ipod and ipod earbuds. I flip the headphones over so the cord is facing in the up direction and wrap it around my ear to make less strain on the bottom of my ear during long rides since my helmet is fitted tight. If they stay in place, wind noise shouldn;t be a problem. I just have a problem with different songs have different volumes so sometimes i have to pull over for safety reasons so i can hear cop cars and horns. Other than that i just make a playlist on music i can listen to without stopping.

I carry the new ipod nano but i used to have a new shuffle. I prefer the shuffle better when riding because im not going to watch video and it will clip on your pocket and you can still push the buttons with riding gloves on.

McJohn

Bluetooth your helmet by using Scala Rider and hook up your mp3 player to it. Works great.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like my rugged Radios setup, you can get a dozen different variations. Top of the line stuff, not cheap but worth it. Check them out here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3