Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In-Helmet music and radio?

Paladin

In-Helmet music and radio?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with full face helmet audio system that can be connected to both an MP3 player as well as a radio of some sort? Ideally, it'd be nice to have voice comms with my riding bud, but when we're not speaking, have the music playing...i've tried bud earphones and whatnot, but the wind noise is so excessive that you have to BLAST it and it hurts my ears.

Thanks!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: In-Helmet music and radio?

Chatterbox?

tuffy6969

Yep....Chatterbox. I use one and I connect my iPod to it all the time. Sounds great! Go to Welcome to ChatterBoxUSA.com first and decide which one you want. I use the HJC-FRS Multi Sport.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ray916mn

Did you try ear buds, or in ear type earphones?

I've used several types of in ear earphones with good results. With no music playing the Shure E2C and Etymotic ER6i in ear earphones I've been using provide as much sound isolation as a pair of 33db ear plugs. Add an MP3 player with FM radio (e.g Zen Micro microdrive or Sandisk flash), tuck it into an inside pocket or clip it to your tank bag and you should be all set.

The Etymotic's do a pretty amazing job of providing bass and are not a problem when it comes to putting your helmet on or taking it off.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by ray916mn View Post

The Etymotic's do a pretty amazing job of providing bass and are not a problem when it comes to putting your helmet on or taking it off.
    You won't get anywhere near the quality through a Chatterbox. I suggest earbuds, and save up to get the etymotics - you'll save from upgrading in the future.

HondaGal

If you're looking to connect 2 devices simultaneously and still be able to listen to them both, you're going to need an intercom or similar audio interface device of some sort.

We use autocom on our bikes and have both satellite radio and FRS radios hooked up so we can talk and listen to music.

I read that chatterbox is supposed to be coming out with a wireless bluetooth unit in the fall (see Aerostich catalog for a pic of the unit)...and not just for a phone...no wires between the headset and the main unit.

meepers

i have been playing around with a BT setup for my helmet, using a set of hp headphones, working on making it completely wireless to my helmet and have the ipod/cb mounted to the bars. my only qualm about it is the battery time with the blue tooth.

saxman

I use Nady MRC-11's that work great for me. They are FRS, have intercom and input for audio. Throat mic and dual ear tubes with a remote PTT switch I mounted next to my high/low beam switch. No wind noise, even when a buddy of mine borrowed one that had a half helmet. We talked back and forth with no problem.

analogbear

I recommend Shure E-3 canal phones, with the triple flange, over the eyemotics, bose-buds, sony 50's, or just about all the others (I have tried about 10 different brands of canalphones, and now own E-1s for my old in-ear monitor system (live performance), E-2 as an emergency back-up, E-3s (with the smallest profile, lightest weight, and flattest sound reproduction in the price-range) with triple flanges for the bikes, E-4s for touring around Europe on foot with some extra bass, and E-5s for private home or wandering around NYC listening.

rokitt51

I just use my creative labs MP3 with the in ear buds made of silicone with 3 diff sizes to fit in your ear.

analogbear

Quote Originally Posted by rokitt51 View Post
    I just use my creative labs MP3 with the in ear buds made of silicone with 3 diff sizes to fit in your ear.
    The shure ones come with soft, firm, foam, and then these really cool triple flange ones like shooter's plugs. Awsome. The only problem I have found is bit rate. The Shures are so good, that 128k files kinda sound shitty. I have to use 160+ or lossless.

sinfuldragon

I just sing to myself.... sounds like **** but it gets the job done

sinfuldragon

Okay really this retarded banana with the poop sign fuckin cracks me up

analogbear

Quote Originally Posted by sinfuldragon View Post
    I just sing to myself.... sounds like **** but it gets the job done
    My helmet is so tight, that when I open my mouth to sing, I bite my cheeks...

sinfuldragon

Sing out loud... there is an idea!!! I just sing in my head since its not like I'm trying to entertain anyone (plus sadly.... even that sounds a tad better than my singing)

stankus4

listen to the beaty of the bike who needs music wanna hear suttin pull the throttle

A.F.T.C.T.T.G.

I rather listen to the voices in my head. I couldn't image air-guitarin' out while I'm on twisty.... I might miss a note or two

sinfuldragon

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.T.C.T.T.G. View Post
    I rather listen to the voices in my head. I couldn't image air-guitarin' out while I'm on twisty.... I might miss a note or two
    Or worse... a turn or two

analogbear

What's a high-side among friends...

Quinc

autocom! i have an old system payed 80$ for it onsale. i have my mp3 player hooked up to it and radar detector. you can also hook up a cell phone or radio to talk to a passanger or another rider. also comes with helmet speakers that are real easy to install and sound really good. best part is when your cell phone rings it will mute the music. and when you talk it goes off vibration so even at 150mph the person you are talking to wont hear any road noise.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast