Laser Jammers. Anyone have?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Laser Jammers. Anyone have?

JeepinJeff

Laser Jammers. Anyone have?

Just from what I've read, the Blinder X-treme laser jammer seems to be pretty popular.

Anyone have one on their bike?

How well does it work?

How was the install?

Pics?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Laser Jammers. Anyone have?

JeepinJeff

Thanks for the link. Every review I've seen on this thing says it works very well. This combined with a good radar detector I'm looking at seems like a good investment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

dattaway

I know a few things about the problems the engineers had with developing the Kustom lasers. I hear they had problems with the noise floor of sunlight overpowering the signal. The optics are very expensive and heavy. The calibration sheets we had at the time showed the unit operated at 50MHz, which is easy to generate with any LED.

Just like any speed measuring device, I'd imagine the designs quickly got smart to evasion. Its no engineering feat to detect unexpected signals, including sudden bursts of noise. If an officer catches someone with one of these, that person is going to be the celebrity of law enforcement.

Quinc

check out guysoflidar.com and radarroy.com forums. i believe radar roy has a jammer on his harley so i would go with what he has since he sells them and tests them. also if you get that mesh vinyl to put over your headlight that will help. the lasers work best when aimed at headlights and reflective surfaces.

IgniteSpeed

Quote Originally Posted by dattaway View Post
    I know a few things about the problems the engineers had with developing the Kustom lasers. I hear they had problems with the noise floor of sunlight overpowering the signal. The optics are very expensive and heavy. The calibration sheets we had at the time showed the unit operated at 50MHz, which is easy to generate with any LED.

Just like any speed measuring device, I'd imagine the designs quickly got smart to evasion. Its no engineering feat to detect unexpected signals, including sudden bursts of noise. If an officer catches someone with one of these, that person is going to be the celebrity of law enforcement.

What you mean to say is " If the officer catches someone with one in a state that makes them illegal...."

Radar Detector Laws: Are radar detectors legal in my state? Radar Jammer Laws, Radar Scrambler Laws

Most States allow them.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you decided to bring a 20-month old thread back. Great.

1) Detectors are legal almost all places except VA and DC.
    2) Radar jammers are illegal; period.
    3) Laser jammers are technically legal as it is the FDA that regulates them. The states cannot regulate the light wave spectrum; just as the states cannot regulates the airwave spectrum. That is why radar jammers are illegal; the FCC says so. The FDA does not care and as such they are technically legal.