Helmet Cameras - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helmet Cameras

CARBONRRPILOT

Re: Helmet Cameras

in case yer interested, i found a 12 volt 180 gig mini hard drive, 250 hrs of hi res vid. about the size of a radar detector, im gonna build mine into the bike and im setting it up to record anytime the bikes running with a usb port on the dash to download vidz right into my laptop, should be pretty cool, let me know where i can check out some of yer vidz!!!

sheepofblue

Most everyone I know with a hard drive based system has it fail. A bike is a harsh environment and a track bike more so. Lots of vibration and acceleration makes a real poor hard drive environment.

CARBONRRPILOT

hmm, i thought the hard drive would be problem free, thanks for the info, gonna look into it further before anythings permanant!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

gotama

does anybody make onthat records in HD it would be nice to watch it on a wide screen and in 1080p, what do the racers use , whatever they use on speed channel looks good and in HD

John Stead

CARBONRRPILOT:

A 4 channel DVR can record as you describe. (30fps, D1 (720x480), etc)

http://www.carterrv.com/crv/8x11-Win...H-MicroDVR.pdf

gotama

what about 1980 x 1080

gotama

everything out there is eather 480 or 720, what about 1080

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by John Stead View Post
    CARBONRRPILOT:

A 4 channel DVR can record as you describe. (30fps, D1 (720x480), etc)

http://www.carterrv.com/crv/8x11-Win...H-MicroDVR.pdf
    Interesting, any link to purchase price?

DUX

I bought the VIO POV1.

The first lens that they shipped with it worked ok in good weather, but I wanted it for snowmobiling too. When the lens got cold, it contracted and pulled the images out of focus. I also had an issue with one of the units. It wouldn't turn on.

To VIO's credit, they have worked hard to make everything right. I have a brand new unit and they shipped me their new wide-angle lens for free. The even let me keep the old lens b/c of the trouble and time it took to get me set up.

I really like the system. The image quality is good, but definitely not Hi-Def. It is an SD-Card video system after all. The huge plus is that it seems like it's built to last.

I recently got some footage with the wide-angle lens. I'll try to post some up here soon.

sheepofblue

Wow 4 posts about a cam site that is from Georgia and so are you sure makes this look like a spam slimey place

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He won't be bothering you anymore...

kd4ysi tony

i used a kodak easy sharecd33 digital camara when a group of us went and rode the tail of the dragon at deals gap put it in video mode with a 512 mbcard it worked good

John Stead

Here is a link to some video recorder information.

Mobile DVR Comparison www.RearviewCamera.net

There is information regarding video resolutions, recorder resolutions and record times.

John Stead, Orangeville, ON, Canada

croue

I bought an older RCA Lyra recorder on Ebay. It was new, but I think a discontinued model. It actually seems like it will work pretty well based on recordings i've made of my garage wall. :-) I'll test it out more at Laguna next month.

It uses CF memory, the camera wires to the battery on the bike, so less hassle with battery packs, etc. and no tape to worry about or moving parts aside from some buttons to vibrate to death on the track. The only improvement to the recorder side of the setup I would like to make is to wire in a 5V power supply to the recorder and get all day reliability without worrying about the battery in the Lyra coming up short.

I also want to mount the bullet cam on the gas tank looking through the windshield with with gauges in view, etc. I may try to cobble a mount that attaches to the 'dummy' screws on the gas cap mount. But I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows of a mount I can just buy, or if someone with machining skills might be interested in making a few if I draw it up?

C

sheepofblue

Getting a ChaseCam this winter

John Stead

Chasecam PD100 = 720 x 480, 30fps, ??mbps, max 32GB CF card .... This is DVD quality with the assumption that is records at 4mbps.

RCA Lyra X2400 = 640 x 480, ??fps, ??mbps, max 2GB CF card .... This is VGA quality with the assumption that is records at 30fps.

I think that the recorder choice depends on your plans for the final video result. Do you want it for youtube or to create broadcast quality videos .... John Stead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2