Stator?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stator?

dr_love

Stator?

hey guys whats up?

got a little prob with the 900RR. it has died on me numerous times and up until lately charging the battery has done the trick for about a weeks worth riding. now i cant make it across town and back without the bike dying and needing a charge. im guessing its a stator issue but i need a push in the right direction. the battery is relatively new and other than this issue the bike is cherry. let me know if im right or wrong and if i am right where can i get a stator for a decnt price.

thanks,
    Matt

MACI4LIFE

Re: Stator?

turn the bike on let it run and do a voltage check on the battery terminals. it should be at high 13's into the 14 voltage area. turn the throttle to see if the voltage rises, then let it go again. if it's bad then the voltage will drop again once the bike idles again. another test is to put an ohm meter across 2 of the three yellow wires the stator has. if the resistance is not between 0 and 1 then there's a short. so do a test. wire 1 and 2, wire 2 and 3, wire 1 and 3. see what you get.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get a reg

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Ol' Gravy Leg

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
    Get a reg
    nah, follow mac's instructions first.

Twincam

Do the simple tests first before forking out for new parts - it might just be something simple..

Get a multimeter and try it first - you have nothing to loose

CBR_954_RR

I just did this test on my 954 last night. Get a multimeter, start the bike and then, with the high beams on take it to 5,000 RPM and hold it there. The voltage should be in the high 14 to 15 volt range. if that is all good then your charging system is fine and its something else. Thats according to the manual btw. Good luck.

dr_love

Quote Originally Posted by CBR_954_RR View Post
    I just did this test on my 954 last night. Get a multimeter, start the bike and then, with the high beams on take it to 5,000 RPM and hold it there. The voltage should be in the high 14 to 15 volt range. if that is all good then your charging system is fine and its something else. Thats according to the manual btw. Good luck.
    is this test for voltage from across the terminals of the battery?

Ol' Gravy Leg

yuppers

RiotSauce

https://www.pioneerforums.com/forums/...-electric.html

my sorrows-- if it helps... sounds kind of familiar?

Search tags for this page

200 honda stator ohms

big red 200 stator

big red 200 stator check

honda big red stator

honda big red stator test

honda big red stator update

how to check stator on big red 200
stator big red
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.