95 f3 wont start! any help
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 95 f3 wont start! any help

qwtstrn1

95 f3 wont start! any help

I just bought a 95 cbr f3 and it wont start electrically. I can pop start it and it will run fine with no issues and if it is warm and i stop to say get gas and shut it off then try to start it after like 5 mins it will start electrically. But only if it is warm. Any suggestions. The guy before me changed the rectifier and he said he didnt have another problem till he tried to start it this year. No idea anyone got a suggestion?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 95 f3 wont start! any help

Is the choke working?

qwtstrn1

yah i can visually see it moving the choke on the carbs when i move the choke. But mid way through chokeing it will get slack in the cable and not move the choke lever and then it will pick up the slack and move it again. If that makes any sense.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would check the choke. How many miles are on the spark plugs? You might have a choke issue and the plugs could be getting fouled.

qwtstrn1

should there not b slack in the line at all and if not what shou ld i do and how do i fix it
    If thats fine what should b my next avenue to check.
    Should i still consider the plugs even though once its pop started it runs fine?

qwtstrn1

wait i just re-read your last post--------are you suggesting that maybe if i have a choke issue its giving choke while running and fouling out my plugs? Sorry im new to the bike scene i can tear a honda car motor apart with my eyes closed been doing it for over 6 years but im sorta in the dark with bikes!!!lol

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You shouldn't have slack middle of the way through and then it moved again. I would check the carbs/choke out.

Bikes can be hard to start if the choke doesn't work right. If the choke is enagaged when it shouldn't, you will get too much fuel in the engine and that can foul the plugs. Fouled plugs can also make it hard to start when cold.

qwtstrn1

So i checked everything over last night and their is a small amount of play in the choke line but it still moves the choke slide all the way. I decided to change the spark plugs and when i went to pull out the first one i found that it was loose as hell as well was the 3rd i removed. The other two were tight but not to tight. So i replaced them all and tried to start it again with and without choke and it still wouldnt start. It kept back fireing. I also pulled the started out and cleaned it, because it wasnt turning over as fast as my buddies zx6 does. ( Is this a wet or dry starter?) When i cracked the case the oil came out but so did a milky substance mixed with the oil. Almost like it got water in it. I cleaned the casing out and put a new gaskit on it instead of the one they had made out of a cheerios box and replaced it.
    I am lost. I dont know what it could b. I checked the main fuse as well as all the rest, i also checked everything with a multimeter and it all checks out. Any suggestions.
    It wants to start it just wont.