2008 Fireblade non-USA ECU
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2008 Fireblade non-USA ECU

Howzat

2008 Fireblade non-USA ECU

Anybody know where I can get a Europen or Japanese ECU for the 2008 CBR1000RR? Just got off of the dyno and it's obvious that they're pulling timing out of it past 10,000 RPM. I'll bet it pulls hard all the way to 13,000 in the rest of the world.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2008 Fireblade non-USA ECU

What good will that do? You will need a new ignition lock with key and the wiring harness to support it.

Howzat

If the non-USA ECU isn't speed limited (like the US version), it'll be faster.

What makes you think the harness is different?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The US bikes are not speed limited.

The US bikes do not have HISS and the wiring harness doesn't have the wiring for it. So you will need a new key, new wiring harness and ECU to use the UK ECU.

Howzat

I hadn't heard about the igniton security system. Thanks for the heads up.

Howzat

I missed the part about US bikes not being speed limited. Technically that's true, but if you do a dyno run it's clear as crystal the timing is being pulled out above 10,000 rpm. My tuner put a power commnader on another 08 and was able to put the timing back in and get a peak 13hp higher around 12,400. Then he called the dyno manufacturer and got some contact info for some euro dyno owners. Guess what? Box stock the euro version pulls to the same +13 hp at the same RPM. Superimpose the two power curves and the euro one is a nice curve to a peak and then curves downward. The US one has the same curve to 10,000 and abruptly straight lines.

I would put a power commander on mine, except I've already installed the Bazzaz fuel map/quick shift/traction control and AFM module.

Howzat

any4xx

Quote Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
    So in a nutshell: Yes, we flattened the power curve up top. But only so that we could make the noise reg's at 5k instead of 6.4k. So what. The only confirm that they DID flatten the top end power out.

Howzat

So what? So...that missing 13 hp can be put to good use down the front straight, that's what.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howzat View Post
    I missed the part about US bikes not being speed limited. Technically that's true, but if you do a dyno run it's clear as crystal the timing is being pulled out above 10,000 rpm. My tuner put a power commnader on another 08 and was able to put the timing back in and get a peak 13hp higher around 12,400. Then he called the dyno manufacturer and got some contact info for some euro dyno owners. Guess what? Box stock the euro version pulls to the same +13 hp at the same RPM. Superimpose the two power curves and the euro one is a nice curve to a peak and then curves downward. The US one has the same curve to 10,000 and abruptly straight lines.

I would put a power commander on mine, except I've already installed the Bazzaz fuel map/quick shift/traction control and AFM module.
    The reduced HP is not a speed limited issue. It was done for EPA reasons.

We all know that the power reduced. You used speed limited; which is NOT the case.

Howzat

More speed equals more drag. To overcome that drag takes more power.

Since the bike won't pull higher RPM in 6th gear it goes slower than its counterparts around the world. End result, the speed is limited.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WRONG. The reduction is power only occurs at 100% throttle and on every gear. That is not speed limited!!!!!!!!! The timing is not retarded at say 85% throttle.

Howzat

I hate to be the one to point this out, but you need 100% throttle to reach top speed. What part of "it's is slower" do you not get?

Have you topped your bike out?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do you care what the top speed is? Do you race?

Howzat

Yes.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then you should know what the solution is and it isn't then UK ECU. if you race, you shouldn't care about the "top speed" that you lost but the less acceleration in all gears.

Howzat

Yes, I know what the solution is. I want that 13 hp back. If you go back and read the thread you'll see that I was talking about needing that power back down the front straight. If you'd ever been held up by a twin that you were faster than you'd know what I'm talking about.

Besides, we gear down because 150-160mph is about it at our fastest tracks, less than that at Infineon and Laguna Seca.

Top speed is relative to whose in your immediate vicinity.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many contradictory statements can you make in a thread?

If you gear down, then you are gear limited in your top speed, not speed or power limited.

Howzat

Why did you buy a Fireblade? Do you cruise down to the local Dairy Queen and try to look cool?

I'm done with this conversation. You couldn't buy a clue.

RojerLockless

lol dude you have 12 posts and you make no cents in any of them