GPS: Just got a Zumo 450.
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GPS: Just got a Zumo 450.

ragvette

GPS: Just got a Zumo 450.

Just picked up a Garmin Zumo 450 that I'll mount to the CBR1000 or the CBR600. Since I picked up the suction cup mount for the car I was thinking of using it for the bike, just suction cup to the tank and then use some sort of cord around the unit for when or if the suction cup fails that I don't lose my GPS.

Thoughts?

Natezlvnit

Re: GPS: Just got a Zumo 450.

Possibly a modified tank camera mount. Might be a little spendy though.

ragvette

Thanks Natezlvnit.

I used the car mount which has the suction cup mount and placed the unit on the flat surface of the tank, behind the steering damper control unit. Overall it works because I let it sit overnight and the suction cup did not come off by itself. Will put a safty cord around the unit so I don't lose the GPS on the road.

I need to ride with it and see how well it works. If it works, I'll just get a female cigarette power adapter for the bike and then use the standard Cigarette power cord from the car.

I'll post pictures tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ragvette

Got some pictures. The car suction mount is working well, th eonly draw-back is the location is not the best to view when riding. Still need a test ride to confirm how well it will work.

http://reefforum.com/photos/upload/i...9/640x480.aspx
    http://reefforum.com/photos/upload/i...0/640x480.aspx
    http://reefforum.com/photos/upload/i...1/640x480.aspx

sheepofblue

The mount comes with it that is correct so why not use it? I have a CBR1000RR and have been running a GPS for a long time with no issues. You mount the ball attachment on the lever mount then attach the Garmin to it. Much less risk of it coming off the suction and trashing a $$$ GPS.

ragvette

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
    The mount comes with it that is correct so why not use it? I have a CBR1000RR and have been running a GPS for a long time with no issues. You mount the ball attachment on the lever mount then attach the Garmin to it. Much less risk of it coming off the suction and trashing a $$$ GPS.
    I would use the mount that came with the GPS if it wasn't already being using on my other bike. So I really don't want to go out an purchase another motorcycle mount if I already have a car mount that will work on the CBR1000RR.

If I don't like using the car mount (which has speaker on it, which means I can play MP3's and also hear directions from the unit), I'll spend the money to get another mount.