Honda 954 ecu cdi
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Honda 954 ecu cdi

alex5202

Honda 954 ecu cdi

Why are ecu s / cdi units for Honda fireblade 954 sold by themselves if they are only compatible with the keys that came with it/bike? (are not any use without the key). I ask this as I bought one myself to be then told that is the case, also others say I need the loom as well. (which I don't think as the loom is not coded/chipped just key and ecu). Any suggestions welcome.

alex5202

Re: Honda 954 ecu cdi

Anybody?

Canguro7

is that really true? i doubt.

what is the loom

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Twincam

It depends if the bike had HISS. All new Hondas' I believe have Hiss inbuilt as standard, and that therefore means the HISS key (chip inside the top) is coded to the ECU. You cannot add anymore keys without an existing key.

Bikes without HISS installed e.g. USA bikes do not have coded keys BUT the wiring loom is different therefore the ECUs cannot be interchanged (from what I have read on here)

Ive seen them on ebay (whole lock set (tank and tail), hiss key and ecm) for about £400-500...

alex5202

Quote Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
    It depends if the bike had HISS. All new Hondas' I believe have Hiss inbuilt as standard, and that therefore means the HISS key (chip inside the top) is coded to the ECU. You cannot add anymore keys without an existing key.

Bikes without HISS installed e.g. USA bikes do not have coded keys BUT the wiring loom is different therefore the ECUs cannot be interchanged (from what I have read on here)

Ive seen them on ebay (whole lock set (tank and tail), hiss key and ecm) for about £400-500...
    Thank-you that sounds about right.

Twincam

Quote Originally Posted by alex5202 View Post
    Thank-you that sounds about right.
    No problem

Cecil

While on the subject........... Is it possible to set the HISS from the clock cluster? Amount of blinking(LED light), ect. If so.........., how is it done?

Search tags for this page

honda 954 forum

honda big red cdi

honda big red cdi box
honda big red ecu

honda big red key

honda muv ecu
honda??ecu,ecm,cdi
muv honda big red cdi
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.