led light rear problems
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: led light rear problems

Gregory Waters

led light rear problems

If my blinkers on the front of my 929 arent led will that cause my integrated tail light led blinkers not to act right. i hooked everything up right but the left side goes out running light in all. now if i disconnect the left rear blinker wire to my led then i have running an break lights jus no left blinker. any help would be great.

ETSLOSS

Re: led light rear problems

I have a led tail and stock front signal and i swaped wires around until i got it right. But i dont think the fact that there not led will cause them not to work

thelastosirus

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Waters View Post
    If my blinkers on the front of my 929 arent led will that cause my integrated tail light led blinkers not to act right. i hooked everything up right but the left side goes out running light in all. now if i disconnect the left rear blinker wire to my led then i have running an break lights jus no left blinker. any help would be great.

What you wrote isn't very clear, but I'll try. Aftermarket LED tails usually have 1 ground wire for brake,running,and blinker lights on each side. So you would connect both the ground wires to your subframe somewhere. Then you need a test light to figure out which of the wires coming from your factory harness are needed. Hook one end of the test light to your subframe ground, then use the other end to test each wire....ie- left blinker, rt blinker, tail, stop. If the light doesn't work on one of the wires, it's probably a ground wire and not needed. Just cap it off. You also might have 2 sets of tail and 2 sets of brake wires if your bike is made that way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Gregory Waters

thank you all for the help honestly what i did was undid the running lite wires to my front lights and the whole rear led light worked like a charm blinkers in all. weird huh?

jofield1

don't know if this is of help but I found the short front indicator lead from the bulb holder to the connector which is usually 2 black leads work the stock lights by completing a circuit whichever way round they are fitted. ( hence no hard and fast quality control )But when you bring LED into play the live wire from the connector usually orange one side and blue on the other MUST connect to the base of the bulb holder or the offending holder will cause the bulb to either not light or stay on constantly. Took me 3 days of headaches to sus out. I have full LED intergrated clear rear lense and clear front indicator lenses with orange led bulbs up front and led flasher unit to slow the flasher rate back to normal. they work and look great on my blackbird and make the back look much slimmer with the rear indicator stems removed and the 4 into 1 yoshi

jofield1

[Life begins at 250k]
    don't know if this is of help but I found the short front indicator lead from the bulb holder to the connector which is usually 2 black leads work the stock lights by completing a circuit whichever way round they are fitted. ( hence no hard and fast quality control )But when you bring LED into play the live wire from the connector usually orange one side and blue on the other MUST connect to the base of the bulb holder or the offending holder will cause the bulb to either not light or stay on constantly. Took me 3 days of headaches to sus out. I have full LED intergrated clear rear lense and clear front indicator lenses with orange led bulbs up front and led flasher unit to slow the flasher rate back to normal. they work and look great on my blackbird and make the back look much slimmer with the rear indicator stems removed and the 4 into 1 yoshi[/quote]