Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no ign spark

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no ign spark

My muv has 200 hrs on it and no warranty now. Was on it every day. One day this week it failed to start. Found the spark off the coil is gone. 12 volts coming in the positive side and out the neg but nothing going on with the lead on the neg side as the engine is cranked. I removed panels from around the engine and as of yet have not found anything on the engine that seems to be the pickup sensor to provide a ground impulse back to the coil. Did check the ign fuse.

What now. Anything at all I can do from here.

RLW

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: no ign spark

your stator is out, we have replaced about 6 to date, check resistance between the 3 common colors, it should 2-3 ohms, check resistance to ground on the 3 common colors it should show open, the other 2 wires is the pulser, it can go bad as well. check resistance between those two about 40 - 50 ohms as i remember it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks RLW.

Will probably take it to a guy close by that does some work out of his garage tomorrow or with your input maybe I will get it worked out here.

I'll let you know how it comes out later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: no ign spark RLW

Have had other work to catch up on and just today got back to the honda. I did happen to buy a service manual and found the connection in the harness coming out of the alternator. Five wires, the three yellow wires checked perfect with what the book indicated, .5 ohm between each of the three yellow wires and none were grounded. The other two wires are open. I would assume these are the leads to the ckp sensor.

You stated there should be app. 50 ohms on those other two wires so if the sensor is bad and the stator tested ok will this mean the whole thing has to be replaced. I have noticed the stator/ckp sensor is reffered to as one unit and will probably cost close to $275.

Is it possible to replace that sensor and keep the original stator?

RLW

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It only comes as an assembly, we have seen the stator bad, as well as the pulser, the part that is bad is the pulser according to your results.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    your stator is out, we have replaced about 6 to date, check resistance between the 3 common colors, it should 2-3 ohms, check resistance to ground on the 3 common colors it should show open, the other 2 wires is the pulser, it can go bad as well. check resistance between those two about 40 - 50 ohms as i remember it.
    hi, what all needs to come off to change the stator?I hear just the panels inside the cab below the seats is that right? thanks Vic

Search tags for this page

2009 honda big red no spark
2010 honda big red no spark
big red no spark
honda big red 300 no spark

honda big red no spark

honda big red troubleshooting
no spark honda big red

no spark on honda big red

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.