Please Help! Dust from full windshield!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please Help! Dust from full windshield!!!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please Help! Dust from full windshield!!!

Has anyone firgured out a way to stop the dust from coming in the cab when running a full windshield? Someone out there has had to come up with some kind of solution. I have Diamondback roof on also.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Please Help! Dust from full windshield!!!

Unfortunately, I am convinced that the more you open the windshield, the less the dust until finally you remove the windshield and then dust (other than rollback forward when coming to a stop) is no longer an issue. Has anyone else noticed the amount of dust that comes in around the floor-pedal openings when the windshield is in place???!!!Am anxious to hear new/other solutions. We are in the midst of a 50 year drought here in Wisconsin Northwoods

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't have a windshield because of this problem. I would like to know of a solution so that I could justify getting one.
    2009 BR Camo
    2" lift
    Mud Bug 27" tires on ITP wheels
    Uni Filter

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 2 piece windshield and I found it works best by taking the top half off completely . The botton half does help i think, it almost deflects the wind over your head,my kids dont need goggles cause it deflects over there heads.I bought a pair of sunglasses with the foam around the frames so I didn't have to wear goggles, and it works out fairly well ,you still get dusty but it is a lot better than running with the full windshield ,

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have had mine since 2009 and sadly the only way to avoid the dust with a full windshield is to drive in the rain.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I said earlier, my sentiments exactly. We have gone to removing the top 3/4 windshield and putting in in a zippered cover and placing on the roof and securing it with bungee straps. Windshield is only held on by two bolts on top and two clips to lower part of windshield. This set up allows us to run windshield free in dusty conditions and quickly re-install for rainy trips...minimal hassle, some expense for the cover

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does everybody have a windshield that contours to the hood shape? I have heard from others that as long as you leave room on the bottom for air to get in there will only be minimal dust entering the cab.
    2009 BR Camo
    2" lift
    Uni Filter

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah mine has the hood contours cut into it I got mine from " GLC UTV"

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have the Honda 3/4-1/4 split windshield. It roughly follows the contour of the hood, but has 7"x2" openings on either side (passenger and driver) along the bottom. Thus, not exactly a form fit, and, unfortunately, has no positive effect on reducing the dust when the full windshield is up. Sad to report but I don't think openings at the bottom help reduce the problem.My Pit Bull Growler tires with larger more aggresive lugs do create more dust than did the stock Dunlop tires.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm at a loss then. My friend has a Polaris crew with a full and contoured windshield and he says that he doesn't get much dust inside because he has the piece that goes behind the rear seat. He told me that the dust comes up between the bed and the cab on his. Is that where everybody's is coming in at? I have been on rides with him and he has his kids riding with him and they really don't get that dirty at all.
    2009 BR Camo
    2" lift
    Uni Filter

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I noticed the dust just rising in the air behind the BigRed then coming stright forward towards you because of the negative air pressure created by the full windshield. WHAT ABOUT A REAR WINDSHIELD..............HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS TO SEE IF IT HELPS? I see them for sale on a few different web sites. We should be able to stop this somehow some way!! If you remember some automobiles used a air deflector on the rear lift gates of some SUV's to keep the rain mist off of the back glass. Im not sure where you would have to mount something like this and how high above the roof and how wide it would have to be? Might have to do some experimenting with some heavy cardboard first?!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have the Honda cloth rear window. After several extensive test runs, we found that running with the windshield and no rear window cover results in extensive dust everytime you come to a stop or slow down as massive dust clouds just roll in over you at the stop or slow down. Thus, our most dust free ride, short of riding on wet trails or in the rain is accomplished by having the top 3/4 windshield removed and having the cloth rear window in place. Any other combination equals immediate, excessive dust. I have friends who have other machine brands and the dust experience seems to vary with each of them so I think that the design of the BR must have something to do with it as well

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the honda windshield with the top section open and the use of the Honda back cover that fits fairly close the dust is greatly reduced.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was getting a lot of dust on us with my front full window and hard top. I then put on the rear cloth window and it was cut down considerably. However, when i put the tracks on snow gets thrown in through the side door area so I have ordered side cloth windows which will be good for us when we are ice fishing and snow crusing.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am from Minn and North Dakota that sounds like fun, but now i live in vegas and it has really been dry here. I can't say I have ever noticed dust around the pedals so I will have to check that out.