Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Viper Max 4000

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viper Max 4000

I ordered a VM 4000 from Moto-Alliance. Check prices on E-Bay AND their website before buying. One or the other may be cheaper. I paid 213.00 with free shipping.

So it arrives quickly. Everything is there! Awesome!

They send a very complete winch kit. Winch, remote, handlebar switch (not needed for a UTV but hey), all wiring, contactor, zip ties, rubber cable end covers, and even a sexy little cover that will not be used on this winch but will have a home on my back up winch. Very complete.

The only thing I ran into is DO NOT unspool the cable to put the rubber hook stop on. It slides right over the hook end of the cable. The directions say to take it off the spool.

I would recommend this as a good low cost winch. I live in Florida. The land of water, mud, slime and sugar sand that gets into everything. After I have had it for 6 months I will come back and give you a real world follow-up.
    Last edited by BigOlive; 07-04-2013 at 6:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Stereo - YETI - Hardtop - Snorkel - Hour meter - Rearview Mirror - Viper Max 4000 Winch with remote on the front - Warn 4.0 CI on receiver for the rear - Extreme Metal Products battery tray ... next Motosport M-12 Wheels.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Viper Max 4000

Did you look at the Harbor Freight Badlands 5000? Just curious how they are vs the Viper. I have neither around me so it's just pictures on the internet. Every so often I do go near a HF store in tax free New Hampshire, with a 20% off coupon I can get the 5000 lb Badlands for $140.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I did not. I have had bad experiences with the few things I have bought from Harbor Freight. Real cheap stuff. Make SURE any winch you buy has metal gears. Some have plastic. As far as tax free NH goes.. reals estate taxes MORE than make up for the lack of sales tax. NH is far from tax free.
    Stereo - YETI - Hardtop - Snorkel - Hour meter - Rearview Mirror - Viper Max 4000 Winch with remote on the front - Warn 4.0 CI on receiver for the rear - Extreme Metal Products battery tray ... next Motosport M-12 Wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The price is great but the quality is hit or miss. Because of that I'm hesitant. It's tax free to me because I don't live in NH, just occasionally shop there.