Honda Pioneer Forums banner

newby with a few questions

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bushgear 
#1 ·
hi there I am new to this site but not Hondas ive had or have many but never the side by side.( although I did make the mistake of buying a ranger) anyway I just got my 2011 home and after a misunderstanding with the dealer I thought that it had a digital speeo ect they informed me that they didn't come stock until 2013. and that they couldn't get the part it would be the whole dash so were looking into an aftermarket one.is there no Honda part ? does anyone have the pn ? I am looking forward to getting this new machine out on the trails . thanks

#3 ·
my last machine a polaris ranger also didn't have one it is a pain in the but it helps gauge how good your going up a hill, what speed is ideal for plowing plus the biggest thing it has an hour meter so you can record how long till the next oil change ect . it may just be me being picky but I want. I know you have to cut ect and that is not just a speedo that's why I want it the prob is I cant find the Canadian part number and my Honda dealer says they cant order one from the states .

#5 ·
Welcome bushgear! I use a Trail Tech TTO hour-meter to keep track of needed service. If you really want to know your MPH the accessory Honda gauge set is what you want and it comes with an hour-meter. It is a plug and play thing. The digital Meter Kit is what you want: Genuine Honda Digital Meter Kit Speedometer Big Red MUV700 08E80 HL1 100 | eBay
Make sure the instructions are in the box!
It will have all the details needed to do the install.
Some cutting on the stock dashboard is required.
The electrical SHOULD be plug-and-play.
If Canada has a diff PN or shows in KMH, instead of MPH...I don't know what to tell ya.
Ask another Honda dealer in Canada?

Reactions: TimberBull
#6 ·
thanks for the help guys I did find the Honda one from the states but apparently Honda Canada cant get them and I cant get the number for the Canadian one but I got the dealer to take 150$ off the price of the machine so I could get something I will order from e bay im sure it will fit as my machine was an American one imported by the dealer so im sure it will work . well thanks for reply im off to try out the new 28 s in the snow tomorrow , happy trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.