Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By a4x4dude

Thread: Engine just stopped.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Engine just stopped.

I was out for a run, went through a puddle a bit faster than I should have and some water splashed in through the floor board at the upper floor board lower dash area. The engine just stopped and the MIL light gave a code 12. 1 long and two short blinks. The service manual claims his is a fuel injector circuit issue. I couldn't find anything loose or out of sorts. i had to be towed out of the woods. First time for me and any of my Honda atvs. this was one week ago. tried it today and it fired right up. Not sure what to do now...it would suck if it happened again out in the woods and it had to be towed again. Pretty much impossible to test anything now that it is working again. Maybe I should get the garden hose and soak it down to see if it acts up again before I get into a situation out on the trail. Any other suggestions or anyone else ever have a similar issue?
    TimberBull likes this.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Engine just stopped.

water in a connector possibly. get a tube of electrolytic grease and grease up all your connections.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Engine just stopped.

I had the same issue on a few occasions. The bike would stalled as I came out of a water hole. Each time though it started backup and ran fine for the rest of the day. Always checked the air intake and it was dry.