Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melikiehonduh

Thread: Snorkel Q? Plz Help

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snorkel Q? Plz Help

Snorkel Q? Plz Help-snorkel4.jpgSnorkel Q? Plz Help-snorkel3.jpg1Snorkel Q? Plz Help-snorkel5.jpgSnorkel Q? Plz Help-snorkel2.jpg

Recently added a snorkel kit to my 2013 BR. took it in high water 4ft. It died and took in water on the engine

What other vents need to be snorkeled other than air box? I only had a little water in box. I still haven't gotten it started. I'm thinking there is water in the gas. I pulled plug and I'm getting ready to change oil.
    Hopefully someone can give a helping hand I thought I was bullet proof.
    Last edited by melikiehonduh; 09-04-2014 at 9:19 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Snorkel Q? Plz Help

Not sure on the big red, but on the pioneer 700 most are doing the air intake, front & rear diff vents, fan vent, fuel tank vent & dielectric grease in all electrical connections. The most important one other than air intake is the fuel tank vent, it's pretty low on the pioneer.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK Great thanks for the info. Can you tell me or send a pic of where the fuel tank vent is located? I'd like to get that dude vented asap. I have the service manual and probably can find it through it if need be. I'm sure the BR and the Pioneer are very similar in design.

I really want to get my machine water proof. I'm going to work on it tonight....I have to flush oil, change plug and pray that it will fire up. I paid way too much $$$ to keep drowning it! Unfortunately some of the best riding I have around my house is a creek down from my house. Unless I want to haul it 3 hours to big woods.

Also has anyone notice how big these machines are..what I mean is....I can't hardly drive this dude around in my yard without cracking a fender or scratching it up! I work for Honda and have NO regrets but my buddy has a 800 RZR and it seems like his machine doesn't take a beating like mine does...I understand his is designed for Sport and Honda his more utility...but MAN! I wish my machine didn't look like I took it into a WAR already!!! Only have 300 miles and I've not been extremely rough with it either.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the pioneer the vent line is under the passenger seat on the top of the fuel tank held by 2 clips. I unclipped mine, added a piece of tubing to it & routed it behind the back of the seat to the top seat bracket in the middle with zip ties

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I found the hose and I'm going to snorkel it as well.

I also have water in my gas...I confirmed that this weekend. Going to pump out this week.

Can anyone tell me if and where the Crankcase breather/vent is located??? How does the crankcase keep from building up pressure???

Other than water getting around the piston rings and mixing with the oil....I can't think of any other way water has gotten into my oil other than there is a breather on the crankcase.

I found where the front diff, rear diff and radiator reservoir vent to the frame...But I do not see any for the crankcase......

I have the Airbox snorkeled. Which prevents water from entering the tranny and engine intake.

When I dunked it....there was only a couple tablespoons worth of water in the air box.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Pumped all fuel out of tank...all but a few cups worth. Turn key over to IGII to get rest of fuel out. Added new fuel and new spark plug. Still NO start. Sprayed gas into air intake, it then runs but not on it's own.

I let sit over night....tried to start....and it did! Added more new gas and some Heet fuel additive. Ran alittle rough but got better the more I ran it.

Going to snorkel fuel tank, RR Dif and add silicon to Air Box and Crankcase tube...hopefully will solve all my water problems.

Hopefully NO long term effects. Factory warranty ends in November
    TimberBull likes this.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just don't let this experience get you down. once properly snorkeled, you can really go through some deep stuff without fear of water. also another location for leaks is around the rubber fitting where the snorkel goes into the air box. while not a ton, it will leak due to the vacuum it creates. i love mine and just know that periodically i try to stop and let it drain for a few seconds.