Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The Official Pioneer 500 Owners Thread

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Official Pioneer 500 Owners Thread

Great real life feedback Freddie, thanks. I know this is pie in the sky but I would take the plunge if aftermarket had a basket / bed with an all in one storage / toolbox built into it right behind the cab to solve storage plus suitable for my fence spray rig then double as storage for trips... Once again, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and I always appreciate hearing views from forum users as opposed to sales hype. I have had atv's since the very first 3 wheelers, now I own a CanAm 800. Wife and I ride together at times, CanAm has nice plush ride but our age is starting to slow us down (I'll be 75 in March) Am considering selling CanAm and buying the Pioneer 500. My main concerns are how "tippy" it is on side hills as compared to an atv. At this point in life broken bones are slower to mend ha ha. It appears to have a relatively small turning radius, important for me as I am an avid hunter who must use it to haul deer from remote woods.
    Any insight and comments you can provide is very appreciated.
    Thanks

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buck, i'm 240 lbs and as i said do a lot of riding by myself. I dropped the drivers front tire into a deep hole one day and it threatened to roll onto the drivers side, but never did. Popped it into reverse and 4wd low and walked right out of it. I don't get REAL crazy or anything but that was the only time i was ever concerned about tipping. Seems pretty sure-footed to me. Wider rims and tires, wheel spacers etc are always an option also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WDE!!!!! Big Tiger fan here. Jasper, Alabama. Where do you reside?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I purchased a P5 on 2/12. Have not taken possession of it yet due to having to take a trip out of town; Anxious to ride/drive it. I have access to 6000+ acres to check out.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I took possession of my Pioneer 500 about 10 days ago. Question: Do you keep your battery connected to a Battery Tender in order to maintain it? If so, how is the best way to connect it since the battery is sealed in its water resistant "compartment". Can a battery tender be plugged into the power outlet? Please advise.

Regards,

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The battery tender can be plugged into the power outlet to maintain the battery as long as the Pioneer's outlet has power when the key is off.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No battery tender. Do you not use it for months? Mine sat outside for weeks when we weren't getting snow, still fired up after a bit of cranking, not sure why cold starts seem to not have fuel for ten seconds.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a vey good pic but it has the 26 rip saws on factory rims top & half windshield hasn't come in yet. I will take better pics when I get over the flu. Road it down the road & put it up to sick to enjoy it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking good hossman! Get well soon and show post some pics of you tearing it up

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Official Pioneer 500 Owners Thread

Last edited by hossman55; 04-29-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I finally got to ride. The rip saws handle the mud real well no shimmying on hardtop. Will pick up my roof & windshield tomorrow getting it ready to ride Sunday on Black mountain. Will take more pics.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's good to hear! How deep was the mud?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess around a foot of thick mud. The tires cleaned out real well. I wouldn't want to be behind someone with the same tire. They were throwing clods about the size of my fist & they throw rocks & gravel. I never put her in 4 wheel drive the whole time I was out even climbing steep hills.
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Impressive! Especially since you didn't even need 4wd.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I just sold My 2011 Honda rincon and am purchasing a Honda Pioneer 500. Red in colour. I also bought a warn winch which the dealer will install for me. I should be picking it up sometime next week. I did test drive the pioneer 500 in the dealers lot. i was impressed how well it handled, even without power steering i found it easy to turn. I sure ill give it a better review after i hit the trails with it. I don't expect it to be better than My honda rincon as that bike was amazing. but i thought i would try something new.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fun on the trails it is, too bad most of the trails I can hit are gravel road. I think the suspension could be softened up just a bit for bumpy trails but it gets decent mileage it seems and is a fun ride. Could use more speed on the gravel roads but not much more.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked up my new yellow P500 yesterday. 11' Long Ramps on order & due to ship in a couple of weeks. Receiver 3-way hitch insert, Strong Made front bumper and a 3500# winch with synthetic rope and roller fairlead next. Expect to build wood rear deck tray with removable end gate and divider panels and Rhinoliner it. This will be a working ranch transportation and utility machine. I'm in the Arkansas Ozarks and our rocks "grow" in our self made trails and the old logging roads we use. Ground clearance is going to be an issue, so skid plates and a-arm protectors are a definite probability. I'll stay with the OEM tires and rims for the time being although going to 27's or 28's is really attractive. A roof and rear bumper are going to have to wait for their priority to come to the top. Grandson is here for a few weeks and he has been giving the "demo" rides. We'll likely take it on some of our back trails tomorrow. Haven't had a chance to put much time on it yet, but so far everything is great. Need to get my pictures off the cell phone, but will try to post some soon.
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you're going to put the 500 through it's paces! Keep us updated with pictures and how it performs in your neck of the woods.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast