Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richd

Thread: Tippy?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tippy?

I love my p500, but I find it to very unstable. I have tipped it on its side one and almost tipped it several times. I'm not rock crawling - just puttering through the woods on fairly easy logging roads. I've been using utvs and atvs on the same property for 17+ years without ever even getting close to tipping one. I am going to install some wheel spacers and maybe some wider tires as well to give it some more stability. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tippy?

Probably Honda's way to get you upgrade. I'm just kiddin'.

I drove mine quite a bit last week and on trails/logging roads etc. and you're right it feels very tippy. I've not tipped it over yet, but I've adjusted my approach to maximize stability along parallel ruts and traversing side hills as little as possible.

I imagine switching to spacers and new wheels would make a big difference. It's likely to ride softer too with more leverage acting on the suspension. It also probably would work to just do it on the back. I drive an old dually truck and it's very stable on turns. That way you might still fit it in the back of your truck. Best of both worlds. My truck is a step-side so it wouldn't work for me.

Really though with an impact gun it's pretty easy to swap back to original equipment for truck hauling.
    Rich
    pastorbmp1965 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Rich. I know to "never say never", but I don't anticipate ever hauling my P500 in the bed of my truck. I excited about putting the wheel spacers on - and I am fixing to order some Bighorn tires - wider than stock. Hopefully, I will have a more stable feeling ride. Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be looking to hear about the results

Search tags for this page

does the honda 500 pioneer tip over easy

is honda pioneer 500 tippy

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.