Hi folks! My first post, hopefully the first if many. I picked up a 500 this weekend and already the tinkerer/ designer in me has started!
Iíve searched this and other forums plus googled for a few hours and looked at images for rack ideas.
My needs are:
- General more carrying capacity for hunting. A place for a large cooler would be awesome so we can bone-out elk and deer.
- We hunt compound bows, so transport of 2 is needed. When I hunt trad bow, I have a take-down and will pack it that way if needed. I want them protected, soft case minimum but inside a rigid container preferred.
- We need to transport 2 scoped rifles for general season.
- My initial thought is to use a rack in the rear. I have a SKB rectangular case I donít use that much, so Iím willing to drill holes in the bottom to secure to a rack. Great protection but only holds 1 bow.
- How well would a trailer hitch shelf with a cooler work- I donít know about putting 150# that far back for transport.
Anybody have ideas or better pictures?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use the Seizmik on seat two gun. Works great in my P1000-3.