Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Post your Honda Pioneer Reviews

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post your Honda Pioneer Reviews

For those that have some driving time under your belt with the new Pioneer, let us know what you think of it!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Post your Honda Pioneer Reviews

I only have 100 miles on my 700-4 but I am very impressed. The power is outstanding down low and decent at higher speeds. The tranny works great, I was curious about not having a low range but it is not needed. The tranny downshifts aggressively and the engine braking is great, you hardly even need to touch the brakes. I have been in some very goopy mud and even tackled a decent sized sand hill, never even came close to running out of power. The front shocks bottom easily in deep trenches at low speed but improve as you drive it harder, I did move the adjusters on the rear shocks to 3 vs. the stock setting of 2. The steering radius is tighter than any Side by Side I have driven, a huge help on tight trails. As everyone should already know the storage is VERY limited, I put a kayak dry pack in the front compartment and have all the absolute essentials. The conversion to 4 seats is great, I love having them available without the longer wheel base of most other models. It seems odd to open and shut doors to get in an SxS but they add some safety and keep out a bunch of mud. VERY glad I picked up my 700-4.
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your review! You make some very nice observations and I like to hear about the tight turning radius. It's amazing to me how wide all of the UTV's turn that I have driven. It sounds like Honda figured out something with the Pioneer to make it better. Is there any adjustment on the front shocks or just the rears?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The front shocks are not adjustable.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you tried sitting in the back seats? I'm wondering if an average sized adult can sit in them comfortably or are they more for kid sizes?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The back seat has more than enough room for a ull sized adult to sit comfortably. I have 100 miles on my 700 4, and even a few miles are me in the back.
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad to hear that! Sounds like it's a win win between functionality and utility

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Just put a deposit down on a green 700-4 today myself. The local dealer had a camo one in I was able to check out, and liked everything about it. As for the back seats, VERY slick. Im 6'3" (215lbs or so), and can sit in them without hitting my knees. Definately "adult sized" seating!
    4Nines and BIGRED11 like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's really impressive to hear about the back seats! Was the camo just a demo? Why didn't you buy that one?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The camo one was sold. Actually my dealer has recieved 5 or so now, all were sold or held on deposits before they arrived. The green one he had available that I purchased is slated to arrive the 28th, he said it may get bumped up sooner since they have been moving them so well.

He has 2 more camo ones this week that are held on deposits, he said I could have dibs on those if a buyer backs out, but I'm not too keen on the camo. $600 for a colored plastic hood is sorta silly to me. I'd much rather have a windshield for that price.

The Camo one was fitted with the full windshield- the $599 "automotive style" one, a full hardtop, and a plastic midscreen window. It also had the accessory panel in the dash, apparently the guy was going to install a heater in it. I've been looking at accessories, but still a little uncertain. I would rather have one of the simpler windscreens, but the dealer mentioned some of the models (can't remember which ones) are quite easily scratched- commenting that one they got in already had a scratch on it.
    Last edited by binfordw; 10-10-2013 at 6:49 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah that makes sense. You could have a color you wanted and a windshield for the same money as the Camo. Hopefully yours comes in soon!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We bought the new 2014 Pioneer 700-4 & love it!! The only complaint we have is while going down the mountain trail it makes a terrible grinding sound. Not a good thing when driving to your deer stand and trying to be quiet. We have had back to dealer twice and the last time it has been there since hunting season and they can't figure out what is causing this noise. We would like to know if any other Pioneer owners are experiencing the same problem. We are open to any suggestions on how to resolve this before spring.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The grinding isn't normal. I've got 70hrs on my Big Red (same power plant, same transmission) and have not experienced the sound you're describing. And that includes doing steep inclines in 4 wheel diff lock. Is the grinding happening with or without the brakes on?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like brakes grinding or gears in the driveline somewhere?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes it happens when brakes applied going down steep hill. honda shop claims they don't know what to do to fix it. i told them to fix it or get me another honda. it has really got my blood boiling so bad that i told them either it get fixed or i will take other means to get something done..

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

grinding is happening when going down steep hill and brakes applied. been going on since i bought it. been in shop twice and still in shop as of today. they said they don't know what to do about it. they told me it sounds like it's in the rear brakes but don't know what to do. i'v been pissed since i got it. great and fun machine but it's very loud and that's not good when trying to hunt. i told them either fix it or honda can send me another one. i also said i will take any means i have to, to get this resolved. much money as this cost me i shouldn't be having this kind of problems.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you tried swapping the brake pads out?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NO I HAVEN'T TRIED SWAPPING PADS OUT. IT'S BEEN IN THE HONDA SHOP NOW FOR OVER 7 WKS AND THEY SAY THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT GRINDING SOUND. SAID THEY ARE WAITING FOR HONDA REP TO GET BACK WITH THEM TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM. NOW I WOULD THINK THE WAY HONDA SUPPOSE TO STAND BY THERE PRODUCT THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY DONE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IM ABOUT TO GIVE HONDA A CALL DOWN IN TIMMONSVILLE,SC A CALL AND GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND IF THIS CONTINUES. I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS MACHINE TO HAVE TO GO THRU THIS. I ALREADY OWN A HONDA FORMAN AND HAVE FOR YRS. BUT THIS IS A LITTLE CRAZY. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS....................................... .....................................

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm kind of sounds to me like your dealer isn't trying very hard either???

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just did the second service on my Pioneer 700 - 4. Odometer says a little over 1000 miles on it. This thing is a beast. Had a plow on it all winter and it never complained or failed to do anything I asked it to do. I only have one issue. The front end was way out of alignment from the factory and it completely wore out the front tires so I had to put on a new set front and rear. Other than that it is a very fine machine and I expect to have it for a very long time.
    4Nines likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast