Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By longbeards

Thread: help deciding please

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon5 help deciding please

I have been monitoring these sites for many months now and it is time to make a decision. Here is what I will using the machine for:

1. Primary need is to climb in and out of bottom land. The slope is around 40 degrees and was opened up this spring by a d6 dozer.
    2. I will be using it almost exclusively to hunt out of and maintain the trail and haul the gear etc up and down.
    3. Secondary use will be for pulling a 600 to 700 lb UTV disc on very small food plots.

My choices of machine are: Honda P4, Gator 825i or the Polaris xp 900.

I have zero experience with any type of UTV so I am asking for your expert advice on these machines. If the P4 will handle the hill with 2 to 3 hunters aboard it is my first choice. I have all three types of dealers here in town. Also I am located in South Eastern Ky so the elevation issue I have read about should not be a factor. I DO NOT care about speed only the ability to climb with a load safely.

Any help that any body can give will be greatly appreciated

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: help deciding please

Welcome to the Pioneer Forum, cburton. I don't think you could go wrong any any of those machines. Have you had a chance to sit in each vehicle?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! Obviously the Polaris is going to give you the most grunt, but there are a lot of underlaying stats that you should checkout like payload and towing capacity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was in the same boat as you. I was guiding Wounded Warriors in SD this spring and had the chance to try 4 different UTVs....I ended up buying a Honda 2, Pioneer. I added a EMP bumper and winch, EMP Metal roof and a DaBomb Windshield out of Salt Lake City,,,WINDOW was a total disappointment as it does not keep out the rain.,,,and they refuse to make it right! IANYWAY,,,,I now have 150 miles on it and use it around the farm and home. I have a front mt seeder for seeding and spreading fert....Have skidded logs that are 15 foot long and 18inches on the stump to my firewood shed..here in the mts of WV.IT IS A WORK HORSE,,,,it meets all of my needs with outstanding performance!! Hope this helps!! longbeards
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing Longbeards! It sounds like the Pioneer is perfect for the work you throw at it around your property.