Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldtrucks

Thread: Poineer 700-4 loss of power

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Poineer 700-4 loss of power

My 2014 Poineer 700-4 began loosing power last week. It would almost stop under full throttle and would down shift' After I would come to a stop and shut it off for few miniuts it would go again for a mile or so and do it again. I took it to my dealer and they tested it and couldn't figure it out so they called the factory and was asked if they had checked the muffler. That turned out to be the problem so I am getting a new muffler all covered under warranty. Who would have thought a muffler could cause this much problems. I will be taking the spark arrester out and inspecting the muffler quite often from now on.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Poineer 700-4 loss of power

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrucks View Post
    My 2014 Poineer 700-4 began loosing power last week. It would almost stop under full throttle and would down shift' After I would come to a stop and shut it off for few miniuts it would go again for a mile or so and do it again. I took it to my dealer and they tested it and couldn't figure it out so they called the factory and was asked if they had checked the muffler. That turned out to be the problem so I am getting a new muffler all covered under warranty. Who would have thought a muffler could cause this much problems. I will be taking the spark arrester out and inspecting the muffler quite often from now on.
    If an engine can"t get rid of the exhaust, how can it produce power? They can't have much for mechanics if that stumped them.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That doesn't seem right, but if it did block off the exhaust off then it could. I would think you would be able to see that and or hear it happening?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been a mechanic most of my life and I didn't understand what was going on. What had happened was the spark arrester collapsed and partially blocked the exhaust exit. The muffler chamber is rather large so it took some time for it to build up enough back pressure to create the symptoms described.
    I am in the market for an aftermarket muffler for this machine. Other than that it has been a beast and does everything I ask of it. I am past my 3rd service and the odometer shows 2300 miles. We use it every day it is a lot of fun too.
    4Nines likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is strange. Now I can add that resolution to my list of problem solving

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same problem with mine,Spark arrester collapsed. Going to look into aftermarket after warranty expires.