Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joshman02

Thread: 700-4 wont start

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

700-4 wont start

Never had an issued with this quad, bought it new less than a year ago. Took it out ice fishing this weekend. Went to fire it up to come home, and wouldn’t start. She cranked strong, lights were bright (tried this to test battery) but fuel pump wouldn’t engage. A friend towed me to my cabin. He then had the same problem (slightly older pioneer 700) the next morning. The next afternoon she fired right up, then I loaded it on the trailer. Trailed it home today, went to unload and I’m having the same problem. Tried some dry-gas when I got it running, just to be sure. It’s been single digit cold here all weekend. Hoping y’all have some ideas. Only had it for 9 months, less than 300 miles on it.
    Mikey71 likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Idk fuel mabe gelling up

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 700-4 wont start

I'm having the same issue , it got extremely cold the last few days , the coldest was -28 ! Had my pioneer 700 -2 in the garage , the dash lights didn't come on and the fuel pump did not cycle , put the torpedo heater on the front of it for about 10 min. The lights came on and the pump came on and it fired right up ! I'm like you I go ice fishing and don't want to get stranded out there ! Got to figure this out , if I find anything I'll let you know ! Hopefully someone has found a solution ! This machine has only like 50 some miles on it , it's a 2018 ! Strange ! I purchased Honda on their dependability reputation ! Hopefully it's a small issue !

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I spoke with the parts counter at the dealer. He mention that as the fluids in the battery get real cold, they thicken up, make it less efficient for the voltage to travel thru. This not supplying the full 12v that she needs to fire. Once mine warmed up in the barn, it worked as intended.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 700-4 wont start

I wonder now what 's the answer , is there a battery that you can buy that won't jell up in cold weather ! The same with my machine , I ran the torpedo heat on the front of the machine for maybe 10 minutes , turn the key , dash lights came on fuel pump cycled and it fired right up ! Friday night it's suppose to get down to -15 , I'm going to go out Saturday morning , if I have the issues that I had before dash lights not coming on and fuel pump not cycling , I'm going to hook up my big battery charger put it on boost , if that changes the situation then I would definitely look at a different battery ! We'll see ! I'll post my findings !