Picked up a Banshee
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Banshee

Intimidator

Picked up a Banshee

Sold the 1986 Honda ATC250R and picked up this 1997 Yamaha Banshee. I've wanted a Banshee my whole life...theres just something about that sound....plus it rides like a Cadillac. She just needs a little cleaning, and a top end since it's still original. Of course I'll have it ported out since it came with a spare set of cylinders. It also came with 10-paddle Skat-trak Haulers and razors, all on douglas wheels....brand new. The only mods on it are the FMF pipes w/turbine core silencers and Trininity stage 4 single carb kit. Got a smokin' deal on it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picked up a Banshee-pict2041-small-.jpg   Picked up a Banshee-pict2042-small-.jpg  

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Picked up a Banshee

Very cool toy!

MedTechRR

banshees are cool but for the ultimate kick ass quad you need to pick up a Quadracer 500. They aren't made anymore but good god, they are beasts! The powerband for the banshee is just too small. If there were any sand pits still open for riding I'd still have my quads and dirt bikes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

EDDIE110171

Quote Originally Posted by MedTechRR
    for the ultimate kick ass quad you need to pick up a Quadracer 500. They aren't made anymore...
    The problem with the 500's is they didn't hold up when modified. The engine had several weak points that need to be reinforced to make them dependable. That said, the banshee is much better to mod and holds up much better.

Anyway nice addition to the garage Intimidator.

MedTechRR

I've never tried a heavily modified banshee. The few different ones I tried only had pipes/jetting, etc. I bet they'd be better with some mods!

dbgoff

Banshees have a great top end....great dune bike, not so great trail bike. Enjoy the toy.

MrX954

Quote Originally Posted by MedTechRR
    If there were any sand pits still open for riding I'd still have my quads and dirt bikes!
    You live in New England dont you mean if there were any pits, trails, power lines...or any areas still open you'd still have your quads.

I sure as hell know I would have never dreamed of ever selling my 400ex ever in a million years not even the thought of selling would have creeped in my head!

djice929

im coming over this weekend to ride it!

phobiaphobe

I always thought those things looked like fun. And they're a design classic too IMO... like the VMax, if they never change a thing about the looks it will be too soon.

The upright louvred rad, round headlights, square fenders... purposeful, ugly, pissed off. Always liked them.

Anyone ever try a Scrambler?

ReaperAZ

Quote Originally Posted by phobiaphobe

Anyone ever try a Scrambler?
    POS.

ReaperAZ

Banshees have a unique sound all their own. You can mod the **** outta them and they hold up very well. There's guys here in town that have over $20k into their Banshee's. Get a 540 big bore for it. You'll have all the power you can dream of.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the Scrambler is still a Polaris, but the chassis isn't really too bad. It needs to have the CoG brought down a bit, but it handles FAR better than any 'shee that's for sure. But they are quite gutless, and as an overall package really aren't a good choice. They are more of a half-assed attempt at a sport ATV.
    The 'shee has a huge aftermarket, but understand that you can throw as much money at it as you want, the thing will never handle well at all. But power? Yeah, you can make a monster hill topper or dragger out of it. They make awesome dune shooters.
    Just don't plan on catching even an average 350EX down a trail or on a track.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was HUGE into quads years ago (the high water mark being the '88 Fourtrax 250R). I'm just glad to see the sport quads didn't die out like it appeared they would in the late 80's-early 90's. Seems like Yamaha was the only one who really kept going while the other manufacturers shied away for a few years.

johnnycrash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerblade
    I was HUGE into quads years ago (the high water mark being the '88 Fourtrax 250R). I'm just glad to see the sport quads didn't die out like it appeared they would in the late 80's-early 90's. Seems like Yamaha was the only one who really kept going while the other manufacturers shied away for a few years.
    I've still got my 87 250R with about a billion dollars of aftermarket parts on it. The value pretty much went to zero when the TRX450 and YFZ450 came out.

Banshees suck at everything but drag racing, where they can be INCREDIBLE! Believe it or not (I couldn't), my KTM520SX got handed its' ass at Flat River (Farmington, MO) by a super trick Banshee drag racing in the sand.

Intimidator

I actually owned a Quadzilla for about 3 years. I spent a small fortune keeping it running too. If those bikes were halfway reliable, they would easily be the best duner. They have ungodly amounts of power and ablsolutely slap all over any other quad period. (power wise) Too bad they won't run for more than a day.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What breaks on the quadzillas?

djice929

Im shopping around right now for the best OTD price on an 06 trx450r (electric start). Modesto Honda quoted me 7000 OTD. Does this sound reasonable? Intimidator, we will have to go ride our quads together sometime!

libretto

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean
    What breaks on the quadzillas?
    Haha everything!!!! They just shake and vibrate so much that they shake themselves apart. I was told that you can put brass bushings to reduce the vibrations but they are never going to be reliable. I want to get my hands on the new TRX450R those are bad ass!

johnnycrash

Quote Originally Posted by libretto
    I want to get my hands on the new TRX450R those are bad ass!
    After one ride on a new 450R I knew my totally modded 250R was just an antique.

Edit: I also know people that have had no luck making Quadzillas stay together. Vibration is the biggest problem ... Suzuki tried by making the only 500cc two stroke with a counterbalancer but it still isn't enough. The whole design is mickey mouse compared to a Honda, also.
    Last edited by johnnycrash; 12-12-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice ride.

I've always lusted after a Banshee. They're so well named, they really do wail like a banshee when on the pipe!. Just never really been "in" to quads enough to buy one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast