new member of my garage
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new member of my garage

djice929

new member of my garage

Just picked up a 2006 honda trx450r... its been about 13 years since i road an atv, and they have come along way. it wheelies instantly and you really gotta hold on if you jam the throttle.. its scary fast..

phobiaphobe

Re: new member of my garage

Sounds like fun. Post some pics!

Intimidator

Sweet! I'll let you know next time we hit the canal banks. Oh, and TTIWWOP

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EDDIE110171

Quote Originally Posted by smkeatr

djice929

Just took one quick picture with my cell phone.. ill try to get some more later, especially if i do any mods. I feel like a little kid again riding one for the first time... i was saying 'whooo hoo' and laughing outloud while i was riding it for the first time. I havent had it past 3rd gear yet. It was pretty scary on acceleration.. LOTS of torque.
    Last edited by djice929; 01-19-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be glad you didn't get the black one. Those things look like ass as soon as you get them home.

phobiaphobe

Kick ass. I want one.

djice929

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    Be glad you didn't get the black one. Those things look like ass as soon as you get them home.
    The black plastic right above the headlight scratches very easy. If its dusty and you just lightly run your fingers across it, it makes light marks.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djice929
    The black plastic right above the headlight scratches very easy. If its dusty and you just lightly run your fingers across it, it makes light marks.
    The all black ones are good for show machines, but not machines that are actually ridden.

djice929

Quote Originally Posted by Intimidator
    Sweet! I'll let you know next time we hit the canal banks. Oh, and TTIWWOP
    ok, ill ask.. whats TTIWWOP? Ive got some friends who have some open property nearby we can take them out on too.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djice929
    ok, ill ask.. whats TTIWWOP? Ive got some friends who have some open property nearby we can take them out on too.
    Post #4. First letters of each.

SJ96F3

Is this another case of the red one being faster than the black one? I thought we had a similar thread earlier about which color 929 was the fastest.

Actually I was just out in the Little Sahara last month on a black TRX450... they are an absolute blast. The only thing I didn't like was that you really have to keep the revs up and play the clutch if you're going slowly through rough terrain, rock piles, or tricky passes.... but if you're out on the dunes or any fast stuff (which I suppose is what they're built for) hang on tight.

They make really easy work of the whoops... give it some throttle and the front end just skims the tops.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome looking toy!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been on a 250EX around a parking lot (didn't actually ride it myself) and that thing seemed pretty nice. I'd like to ride one out in the rough stuff one day.

If I had one I'd convert it to twist throttle I think. I don't really like thumb throttle (atleast the one time I rode one)
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

dbgoff

I almost got the 450R....would have been the 3rh Honda in my garage....I opted on the Predator 500 TLD. Enjoy the fun!

Intimidator

That's a beatiful bike John! I'm tellin' ya.....Pismo Beach....18th, 19th, 20th. We have room for one more. 20' Wells Cargo and only 3 bikes so far! I just got the Banshee and the Tri-z 250r cleaned and tuned up tonight, paddles and flags are on, I'm ready to go!

djice929

A small ride report:

I can't believe this is a 4 stroke. It revs up very quickly. I havent been above 3rd gear, as i was mostly running it around an orchard... 1-3 gear i could feel the wheels spinning the whole time... if i wasnt sitting almost on the gas tank, it would wheelie very easily. The last ATV i rode before this was about 13 years ago. It was honda fourtrax 200 (i believe)... this is a total race machine! its so fun sliding around corners with the wheels spinning. even on the straights you just hit the gas and turn slightly and it will whip around with the wheels spinning.. Intimidator, ill call you next time im taking it out for a spin...i was riding it around the neighborhood the other evening and blasted right through a neighbors leaf pile.. wheels spinning as i hammered the throttle going through.. im a bad boy lol

Intimidator

I had a chance to ride a 450r a couple weeks ago in pismo. This one had nothing but a big gun slip on and a jet kit. I couldn't believe the power that thing has in stock form! It had so much torque you would have to really be trying in order to kill it from bogging. My Banshee was able to beat it up comp hill and on the flats several times but it was by only a couple feet each time...and I had better tires. The 450 is amazing....now I know why they cost so much. The only thing is that they are waaaay small for a guy my size (6'3" 235lbs).

djice929

Im only 5'11 and it fits me perfectly. I took it trail riding up in the Stanislaus national forest outside of Sonora this past weekend. I think my howling laughter as i flew around the corners on the fireroads scared every animal in the area lol. I want to try the dunes next, so give me some advanced notice and ill go with you next time. I understand alot of places in CA have noise restrictions, so im leary of getting a loud pipe. Any suggestions on aftermarket parts?
    Last edited by djice929; 01-19-2007 at 12:24 PM.