kids dirt bike gear
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kids dirt bike gear

RRWANTR

kids dirt bike gear

Well after picking up the 50 for my daughter, now I need to get her some gear. For you Socal people, where's a good place to go try on some stuff for a 5 yr old? Helmet, boots, etc etc.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: kids dirt bike gear

Cyclegear

RRWANTR

Is there one in the ontario area? That way I could hit that and crapparal while I'm down there on the 2 hr drive down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just remember that it won't fit her in 6 months and buy accordingly.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RRWANTR

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean
    Yea...not familiar with all the areas. Any idea which one would be closest to say the ontario mall...or crapparal?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, dude I've lived in SoCal like 6 mos.

RRWANTR

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    Just remember that it won't fit her in 6 months and buy accordingly.
    Any suggestions on what?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just don't go overboard on the super expensive stuff. Remeber she is small and not falling very far/fast just yet. Maybe even go a half size too big on the boots. Get a larger helmet with more padding that can be cut down/replaced, etc.
    You've got to keep it safe, but no need for top shelf stuff at first.

Did you get the training wheels for the bike, or are you having her just get to it? If no training wheels, maybe some wrist guards?

We went the four wheeler route with our daughter, so the falling off isn't that much of an issue. She's already on her third helmet and I don't know how many pairs of gloves we've gone through. I didn't get her boots the first year, so it's only her second set.

RRWANTR

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    Just don't go overboard on the super expensive stuff. Remeber she is small and not falling very far/fast just yet. Maybe even go a half size too big on the boots. Get a larger helmet with more padding that can be cut down/replaced, etc.
    You've got to keep it safe, but no need for top shelf stuff at first.

Did you get the training wheels for the bike, or are you having her just get to it? If no training wheels, maybe some wrist guards?

We went the four wheeler route with our daughter, so the falling off isn't that much of an issue. She's already on her third helmet and I don't know how many pairs of gloves we've gone through. I didn't get her boots the first year, so it's only her second set.
    I'm ordering a set of training wheels today. Will set the throttle position screw. To start off with the training wheels. I'm thinking helmet, eye protection and gloves to go along with long pants and shirt (or a jersey and pants). Not sure boots are needed right now in this learning stage with the training wheels? What ya think? Would you recommend more?

RRWANTR

I'm planning on getting her used to the controls and following commands with the engine off. After she gets a handle on that I'm planning on moving to the engine on in neutral and apply a little throttle and brake to get the feel of what is going to happen. Again following some verbal commands etc. Then finally in gear and taking it slowly...

This is going to be fun.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RRWANTR
    I'm ordering a set of training wheels today. Will set the throttle position screw. To start off with the training wheels. I'm thinking helmet, eye protection and gloves to go along with long pants and shirt (or a jersey and pants). Not sure boots are needed right now in this learning stage with the training wheels? What ya think? Would you recommend more?
    At least go get her some chepo boots at a place like Payless Shoe or Ross or something.

RRWANTR

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean
    At least go get her some chepo boots at a place like Payless Shoe or Ross or something.
    I should have clarified. She will be wearing over the ankle boots. I meant regular db boots...sorry for not being clear.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, don't apologize, just the way of the web dude.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know that I'd even do the jersey and pants thing at first, unless you want to spend the coin to have her look the part. Just a long sleeved t-shrit and some jeans would be good for now, along with the over the ankle boots.
    Helmet, goggles and gloves are a good thing though. Gloves are cheap enough that they are worth getting sized right.