2 stroke helpppppp
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 stroke helpppppp

nathan 148

2 stroke helpppppp

i bought a 06 cr 125 in september. ive probably logged about 10 hours on it tops. how ever it seems to smoke and spew oil alot. im running 40:1 in it, and all of the carburator settings are what the book says it should be. i have heard that it could be a crank seal? what do you guys think i need your input pleaseeeee

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 stroke helpppppp

By spewing oil do you mean out the exhaust?

nathan 148

yeah its not like a flow of oil but it builds up fast on my fender and number plate

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little medical history here

When did you first notice the problem? First hour, tenth hour, or somewhere in between? Does it seem to still be running fine or is it boggy feeling maybe? Is it fouling plugs? Does it start fine hot or cold? Or just one or the other? Is there anything you have tried that makes it seem any better or worse?

Somewhat unrelated but a general indicator of health on a dirtbike, how does the air filter look?

nathan 148

when i first got it it was smokey so i figured the mixture was heavy for break in. fouled one plug on the gas that came with it. the bike hauls ass. starts up first kick. the thing thats got me scratchin my head is that i run the same gas in my 02 cr 125 and it runs clean.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't sound like anything that I would worry about yet. My CR250 seemed overly smokey running on the same mix as my KDX so I just cut the mix back a little bit and it seems just fine. I would maybe quiz the dealer about what they usually see in normal break-in. I've never bought a brand new 2-stroke so I'm not sure what is normal during break-in. If it isn't fouling plugs then the mix isn't to far off. Have you pulled the current plug to see what it looks like. There is a fine art to reading the plug but if it looks overly "gooky" then you probably could cut the mix back a little bit.

Edit: if it is starting just fine hot and cold then I would say you haven't toasted the rings or anything like that.