Best exhaust system for crf 450
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best exhaust system for crf 450

ErcDraven88

Best exhaust system for crf 450

Hey, I just bought a 2007 crf 450. I am looking at new header and silencer combos. Which system will offer me the most hp, and how does the system effect the powerband? I have been looking at the Yoshi RS-2 Pro carbonfiber/ titanium system but havent made up my mind on what to buy.

Phadreus

Re: Best exhaust system for crf 450

Just curious, why do you think you need more power? That bike rocks in stock form and few riders can ride it to it's limits.

129CBRider

Akripovic is the only one that won't rob you of mid-range torque. Stick an FMF power bomb in front of it, too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ErcDraven88

Quote Originally Posted by Phadreus View Post
    Just curious, why do you think you need more power? That bike rocks in stock form and few riders can ride it to it's limits.
    I would like a little deeper throaty sound for the bike. and is there really such a thing as too much power? Just as long as its useable

129CBRider

Not knowing your riding style, it's hard to say what's best. In MX you want a good 'snap' in the power band to get you airborn. My stepson rides hare scrambles on his CRf450R all stock, so he looks for big torque surge with power wheelie capability to carry him over the rough stuff while still accelerating. He figures Honda spent a billion dollars getting it right so he put his money in suspension and a Scott's steering damper. Your tires will make a big difference in getting the power to the ground. Closer spacing on the knobbies, like a Dunop 952 will give you more spin at first, then hook up as you get going, so you can just crank it open. S12 Michelins will hook up in the middle of a corner but you have to be careful not to loop out at full throttle so they take more clutch and are good on a short tight track with lots of loose dirt. I run DOT trials tires on my XR400 enduro bike and just power slide it, no clutch, just all throttle.