1995 CR125R Cylinder issue
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1995 CR125R Cylinder issue

andrewjoseph

1995 CR125R Cylinder issue

Hey, I'm having some trouble figuring out which one is bad; the cylinder, or the cylinder head. I go through gaskets like nothing and I still get crap in the expansion chamber. At least I think one or the other is the issue. It could be something else, but I'm pretty sure its one/both of these. High temp gasket sealer to the extreme fixes it for longer than with only a small amount.
    any ideas mates?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1995 CR125R Cylinder issue

Are you talking about exhaust or head gasket - what sort of "crap" are you talking about? carbon deposits?

andrewjoseph

Quote Originally Posted by .OrgOwner View Post
    Are you talking about exhaust or head gasket - what sort of "crap" are you talking about? carbon deposits?
    head gaskets. And by "crap" I mean oil and radiator fluid. The exhaust gasket is fine. If I take the head and the expansion chamber off and let it dry out and wipe it clean inside and reseal the old head gasket or get a new one, it works fine until I shut it off and let it sit for a day or two. If you need more details please ask, I don't exactly know what to provide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Jakemmi

when you have the head off, check the head and cylinder for any visible cracks, then you can find a metal straight edge, or just use a window, and hold it against the mating surface of the head, and get yourself some feeler gauges, and there shouldnt be any more than .004" of warpage, if there is that much or more, its the head, try the same with the surface on the cylinder

andrewjoseph

Quote Originally Posted by Jakemmi View Post
    when you have the head off, check the head and cylinder for any visible cracks, then you can find a metal straight edge, or just use a window, and hold it against the mating surface of the head, and get yourself some feeler gauges, and there shouldnt be any more than .004" of warpage, if there is that much or more, its the head, try the same with the surface on the cylinder
    Thanks for the advice. I will update on the situation when I get it done. Or if I have more questions. I'm sure the latter will come first.

Thanks for the help.