Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WooHoo! Made it Quieter!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WooHoo! Made it Quieter!

I bought and installed a Kolpin muffler (from Cabelous) on my 2012 BR. It made it a little quieter, killing the popping sound, but when I had BR on my lift, I could hear a lot of exhaust noise coming from the exhaust itself. I got a roll of fiberglass insulation from work ( 2" x 100' ) and a tube of high temp red silicone. I removed the exhaust from the head to the muffler. I covered the complete thing with the silicone. Than I wrapped it all with the fiberglass, and bolt her back on.
    Right away I could tell the difference. Keep in mind the heat is now directed back instead of out. When she heated completely up, the paint bubbled and smoked on the Kolpin muffler. But after the paint got done smoking, everything was normal, well not normal, BR is ALOT Quieter!
    I used to wrap my headers in my pull truck to help with the heat, and ran them for years with no problems. I am really starting to love my BR. I can hears a lot of squeaks and rattles now, but I am getting ready to order some Dynomate very soon. Will try to upload pictures soon.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: WooHoo! Made it Quieter!

how about those pics? i have a gorilla lift and i am concerned with fitment issues?
    09, 715 BBK & CAM, gorilla lift kit, hl springs, 28" OL rads, hmf swamp series , pc III, dual custom batteries, warn 4000# w, kolpin full tilt, custom snorkel, glove box, rear bumper, & top, triple 7" HID lighting, digital dash, stick stoppers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had to take the wrap off, it was sending all the heat to the rear of the exhaust and getting the muffer to hot. But still like The Stealth 2.0 Exhaust. It quieten BR down 40%. But now I realize just how many squeaks and rattles BR has. Thing vibrates and rattles from every directions. Makes me wonder if Polaris is simular, can't imagine it could be worse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

squeaks and rattles
    doors, suspension, and bed.
    for the bed i took 4ea 2"x2"x1/4" rubber and glued over top the existing pads under the bed and regreased the contact points on the latch. no more noise.

get you some good lubricant and spray the heck out of the points were the coil springs hit the shock. i got one stubborn one, all the other 3 stop when i spray them.

there is a blog on here on various ways to fix the doors.
    09, 715 BBK & CAM, gorilla lift kit, hl springs, 28" OL rads, hmf swamp series , pc III, dual custom batteries, warn 4000# w, kolpin full tilt, custom snorkel, glove box, rear bumper, & top, triple 7" HID lighting, digital dash, stick stoppers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up, will be following your lead.