Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: couple questions

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

couple questions

Ok need some answer for couple questions i got. Got me a brand new 2013 BR last weekend. I bought it for duck hunting mainly. The water will only be about 1 foot deep is there any need for a snorkel kit? How deep of water can i get into before i suck some water up into the air box? Also thinking of putting on a winch found a good deal on a Warn 2.5 C I 2500 lbs would you think this winch would be big enough? Also when installing would there be any need to put in another battery box and battery or could i just run it off my factory battery? Thanks for any help you can give

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by drake799 View Post
    Ok need some answer for couple questions i got. Got me a brand new 2013 BR last weekend. I bought it for duck hunting mainly. The water will only be about 1 foot deep is there any need for a snorkel kit? How deep of water can i get into before i suck some water up into the air box? Also thinking of putting on a winch found a good deal on a Warn 2.5 C I 2500 lbs would you think this winch would be big enough? Also when installing would there be any need to put in another battery box and battery or could i just run it off my factory battery? Thanks for any help you can give

I just got threw snorkeling my 2012 due to all the concerns on this forum and from listing to the folks that drive in dusty envoirments as I do alot. I checked my air filter from about 2 months of use and it was black with dirt. Scared me. Poor design of the air intake. Water, remember the tire height is about the same as the air intake, not quite but close. I would not go in water over the tire height with the stock air intake. A winch is a must in my opinion. These things are heavy and you driving in water, never know when you might slip and fall in a hole you didn't know was there and you just don't hook another 4-wheeler to it and pull it out, find something bigger.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snorkel it! These are the easiest machines to snorkel. The air box is a very poor design and will suck dust in like crazy so you need a snorkel to get it to breath from a higher location and cleaner air.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

battery - no need unless your adding stuff that needs a second battery. that winch wont

winch - that will be enough. the machine is not powerful enough to get it's self too stuck

snorkel - use my design. a snorkel is a must.