Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Programmers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Programmers

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    jmiraval, I have a question. Going to add a FMF Powerline for a 2005/2006 Polaris Ranger to the 2012 BR that u and I have discussed in a earlier conversation. Question will I see a improvement with just the Powerline? Maybe later down the road will add the PC-V.
    Also, does one need a turn down spout for this pipe? Worried about the rear part of the bed. I have not seen a turn down spout for this pipe?
    2012 BR Camo, 4500lb. Viper Winch,
    Hi-Flo Air Filter, Dual Batteries, Tool Box,
    Sway Bar Disconnected, Snorkeled, Honda Plastic Top, Gun Scabbard, 5 Panel Mirror, FMF PowerLine Exhaust.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nope, it points straight out the back. the rear piece of the muffler is actually pointed down at an angle, so when installed in the upward angle position of the stock BR exhaust it points straight out.

i really should take a picture, but i am just sooooooo lazy.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiraval View Post
    nope, it points straight out the back. the rear piece of the muffler is actually pointed down at an angle, so when installed in the upward angle position of the stock BR exhaust it points straight out.

i really should take a picture, but i am just sooooooo lazy.
    I have heard some go the aftermarket exhaust route and say their rear brake light melted due from heat from the tail pipe not being turned down? Other questions performance gains with just the pipe? I sure one would see some?
    Sway Bar Disconnected, Snorkeled, Honda Plastic Top, Gun Scabbard, 5 Panel Mirror, FMF PowerLine Exhaust.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nope, no melting. and i ran a lean tune that melted the paint off my biggun and burnt out the fiberglass packing. it exits right next to the spring on the shock and its fine.

being that it uses a clamp style mount you can slide it back and forth until you get it to a point that you like. then just change the length of the mid pipe to fit that. any respectable exhaust shop should be able to whip this up for you really easy.

you should only expect gains after installing the exhaust/air filter along with the fuel controller. there might be a slight gain with the exhaust and air filter, but the combination of the three is what really gets it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have mine snorkeled and most likely will be adding the pipe. Then we will see about the PC-V. I have heard maybe not on the BR but some lose low-end when just adding a pipe due to losing too much back pressure?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    I have heard some go the aftermarket exhaust route and say their rear brake light melted due from heat from the tail pipe not being turned down? Other questions performance gains with just the pipe? I sure one would see some?
    I modified my factory tail pipe to be half an inch bigger on the exit and drilled some holes in the inner plate, (which i ended up welding back in-TOO LOUD)....I can tell a little bit of difference on my low end responsiveness and power...I have mine angled a bit to point down and towards the hitch, but no major angle and nothing melts on mine
    ...my last big red only had 3 wheels...
    5000lb Viper winch/front receiver hitch
    MODded EMP boot guards, front bumper, factory muffler
    Great Day Inc gun rack

Diamondback roof
    Custom rear bumper
    2" Highlifter Lift, 27" 589's

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiraval View Post
    nope, no melting. and i ran a lean tune that melted the paint off my biggun and burnt out the fiberglass packing. it exits right next to the spring on the shock and its fine.

being that it uses a clamp style mount you can slide it back and forth until you get it to a point that you like. then just change the length of the mid pipe to fit that. any respectable exhaust shop should be able to whip this up for you really easy.

you should only expect gains after installing the exhaust/air filter along with the fuel controller. there might be a slight gain with the exhaust and air filter, but the combination of the three is what really gets it.
    Just got the FMF Powerline installed on the BR and u were right, it is a "little bit" louder but not much. I did notice a little gain. I noticed that from a dead stop, with the old muffler, to WOT, I could feel the rear end break loose, spinning. With the Powerline on I no longer can feel the spinning but it is still doing it. I do think the BR stiffs gears quicker and smoother than before. Just seems to run smoother..........

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all stainless and no packing to burn out. its a great deal. really am glad i could help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

air filter for honda pioneer 700 so it breathed
do you have to have programmer for big gun slip on honda pioneer

honda big red programmer

honda pioneer 700 pcv autotune not working

honda pioneer fuel programer

honda pioneer programmer

how to make honda pioneer 700 faster

power commander autotune honda big red muv problems

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.