Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: backfires

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

backfires

My big camo quit one day out of the blue i thought it was the stator but got that changed still wont start it backfires bad pulled the air cleaner off and its hard to keep your hand over the hole it blows it off so we think the timing chain must have skipped a tooth which sucks. So i decided if i'm going into the engine i would do a big bore kit, i haven't decided tho does anyone know were i can get a engine rebuild kit?? also is it for sure the rincon and big red have the same engine??
    2010 Big Camo, Hid head lights Hid spot lights, Solar panel, Steel roof,Delta tool box, Cool flow windshield, Rear wind screen.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: backfires

Same engine. High lifter has the whole kit. I find it hard to believe that the timing chain skipped a tooth. But hey it's a damn good reason to BBK it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know if your 2010 was part of the recall and did you have it done?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im the second owner, What recall??? i know the stator wasn't in the recall, it was off by 1 number. The top end had been rebuilt previous to me owning the machine i thought it was good to go but a started hearing a ticking noise at idle thought it was the exhaust but after all this happened it now reminds me of a timing chain hitting the case. so im going to rebuild the top end again and replace the timing chain and tensioner they cost 130$ hopefully the gears r ok.
    2010 Big Camo, Hid head lights Hid spot lights, Solar panel, Steel roof,Delta tool box, Cool flow windshield, Rear wind screen.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a recall for the 09 and some of the 10 Big Red's for part of the ignition system. I believe it's a sensor near the flywheel. If it dies all together then the BR will not run. I'm not sure if there's a middle point where it gets weak and causes misfires.

ssr

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine backfired 3 or4 times yesterday is this normal everything is running fine.my foreman and alot of my buddies formans have always done it.did not think much about till I read this

ssr

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no one else had backfire issues

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I haven't on mine....I keep half a can to a can of seafoam in each tank though.
    ...my last big red only had 3 wheels...
    5000lb Viper winch/front receiver hitch
    MODded EMP boot guards, front bumper, factory muffler
    Great Day Inc gun rack

Diamondback roof
    Custom rear bumper
    2" Highlifter Lift, 27" 589's

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Always buy ethanol free gas.... the should be a sticky on this forum.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 09 would backfire when I first got it, made the switch to premium ethanol free gas, runs better and no more backfires

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i have been running the premium gas but it has caused issues in most of our vehicles, so i switched back to regular gas and hadn't had any issues. we figure it skipped 3 teeth 4 would have caused the intake valve to hit the piston. i have decided to do a big bore kit from thumper racing, from the stock 680 to a new 710 with out re sleeveing. also going to run a hot cam with new chain and tensioner. parts cost around 700$ labor on the other had is like 2500$ so pray this doesn't happen to u guys my big red has 6300 miles.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to say it but with less than 250 miles on my BR I doubt I'll ever see that kind of mileage.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredcamo View Post
    Well i have been running the premium gas but it has caused issues in most of our vehicles, so i switched back to regular gas and hadn't had any issues. we figure it skipped 3 teeth 4 would have caused the intake valve to hit the piston. i have decided to do a big bore kit from thumper racing, from the stock 680 to a new 710 with out re sleeveing. also going to run a hot cam with new chain and tensioner. parts cost around 700$ labor on the other had is like 2500$ so pray this doesn't happen to u guys my big red has 6300 miles.
    6300 miles.... holy crap batman! yea its probably time for a rebuild. would not be surprised if that timing chain was wore out then.

that is a crap load of miles, that is very impressive.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiraval View Post
    6300 miles.... holy crap batman! yea its probably time for a rebuild. would not be surprised if that timing chain was wore out then.

that is a crap load of miles, that is very impressive.
    I wish that were allot of miles but Honda goes further than that we have a 2001 Honda rancher with 21000! And it's tired but still runs we just use it to spray with now days. We have never done anything major to it changed oil when suggested.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed, it does sound like it is time for a rebuild. But premium gas is just premium gas with 10% and soon to be 15% ethanol. The new and "wonderful" E-85 gas is a marketing ploy for gasoline with 15% ethanol.
    Ethanol free gas is what everyone should be running in their BRs, chainsaws, mowers, weed eaters, etc.

Search tags for this page

2013 honda foreman won't start

honda rancher will not start and back fires

honda rancher wont start backfires

honda rincon 2014 power commander now backfires?

honda rincon 680 efi wont start and backfires

honda rincon 680 timing chain tensioner

honda rincon backfire and stops

honda rincon wont start

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.