Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Big Red AKA (Big Black)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big Red AKA (Big Black)

here are some pics of my girl and how she looks now.....she is a 2012 with 30x9x14 zilla's,gorillaz axles,sony water speakers in the doors and also in a custom box mounted over the seat's with 800watt sony amp,shield,roof,5000lbs viper winch with synthetic winch line,high lifter HD springs and 2in lift (which isnt even close to high enough for me)a second battery on custom tray, oh yea and i got ride of the red all together....i like flat black much better but thats just me... hope you guys dig her......also took out that gay bench seat and installed 2 fully adjustable racing seat's...And yes i know BIG BLACK dosent go over 43mph but where we ride in north fla and south ga we take it slow on our trails....we just look for mud holes....also did a snorkel and re routed the front and rear trans. breather lines and also the gas tank fuel breather line aswell......i think the gorilla lift will be next...also looking to find someone to build me some new front and rear arms with maybe a 1 to 2 in forward .....maybe some 32in zilla's.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8943.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8944.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8946.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8947.jpg  

Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8948.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8950.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8951.jpg   Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8952.jpg  

Big Red AKA (Big Black)-img_8953.jpg  
    Last edited by sprocketamerica; 03-14-2013 at 4:35 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Big Red AKA (Big Black)

Doesnt the black make your machine hotter??

Bob

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the only thing that was painted bob was the hood and bed side walls....i dont sit under the hood or in the back so i dont notice....but putting the bucket seats in sure did...the heat comes right up between the 2 seats..in the winter it was great but im not looking forward to it in the summer....also the windshield made it alot hotter in the cab....in the summer it will be coming off for sure....its just really sucks to ride behind someone with zillas or any other mud tire because it just slings up mad dust....but then since the tires poke out farther then the body my own tires sling up dirt all over me inside my own cab.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tell me more about the gorilla axles... didnt know they made them for it. details please. also without a forward A-arm setup of some type, i dont forsee you getting 32's to fit. right now my 30" mudlights rub and they are worn some.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i had the 30in. zilla's on before i got the highlifter HD springs and the highlifter lift...i never had rub unless i was breaking hard it would rub on the feet rest spots that are under the hood....once i put on the springs and lift i havent had any problems...the axle's are $395.00 with free shipping if you get them off of there web site....if you break a stock axle your looking at 700.00 bucks to replace it with a honda OEM part....i dont have to tell you that honda is crazy for that price.....the gorilla axle's are super strong and i havent had any problems what so ever with them even turning in deep nasty thick north fla south ga cake mud...only thing i kinda worry about it breaking the front diff case or rear case since the axle's are so freaking strong so i just make sure to not turn my wheel all the way while im in a hole....i also dont lock in the diff lock at all since both times i snapped my stock axle's i had the diff locked.once i stopped locking and put these bad boys on i havent had one issue what so ever....and i know the 32's will fit in the rear just fine but the front was where i had a little issue with them....i tested out some not to long ago....im thinking if i put on the gorilla 3in lift i should be able to clear....big black has no issue's turning the 30's at all she will kick up mad dirt from a dead stop if i punch the gas......

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea my 30" mudlight xxl's rub in the same spot. it only happens when hitting a bump while turning.

as for snapping axles.... ya know a lot of guys on here have broken axles but i never have. i've got a lift and tires along with a power commander, filter and exhaust. so plenty of power and plenty of wheel. and i beat the hell out of mine. jumped it, crawled up the side of vertical cliffs... turning while churning through the peanutbutter mud. i dunno. guess i'm just lucky i guess.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think they are just like any other factory built product its just luck of the drawl....some times cars run up to 300k and the same car off the same line will blow a engine at 100k.....well we dont have any mountain's down here and i mostly just take it easy even in a nasty hole i let the tire's do the work not the engine...so i dont punish mine but it has spent it's far share under mud/water with it up to the top of the dash.....ive had no issue's on that end....
    Last edited by sprocketamerica; 03-19-2013 at 7:27 PM.

Super Mod
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

where ya located bud?

also do a youtube search for big red fording. i've got a video of mine going waaayyy deep. the rear end was floating, but the front was almost a foot from the roof.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ive seen that video before....u got a green rig and your down south somewhere.....yea honda can hang on the rides with the other side by side...all tho its not the speed buggys like the other 2 main companys but i tell you what all my guys in our group who have the other 2 companys products call me the recovery rig.....if they are stuck and im around its coming out of what ever its in.....and i dont do to bad myself in some pretty nasty holes......and im up in tallahassee fl...south ga north fla area......great for ridding....tons of locations ups here to get lost.....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's right Sprocket. They get their lil rubber bands wet and we motor on by with our big boy transmissions.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice ride

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice looking ride! I like the tires; what wheels are those? Is the offset different than the stock rims?

Search tags for this page

big black axle pic

bigblackwetcom

black honda big red
honda big red lifted
used honda big red 2012 price fl
viper,at,25,12,9,big red,tires
www.big black wet .com

wwwbigblackwetcom

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.