Better Shocks?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Better Shocks?

mcgivern

Better Shocks?

I like my BR, bt would like some better shocks down the road.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Better Shocks?

just to let ya know that two weeks ago I emailed highlifter and they are in the process of testing springs for Big Red. I am gonna be first in line for the springs, they will probally add alittle lift and be stiffer like the springs they build for atvs. I installed a set on a buddys atv and was really impressed with the suspension change so keep checking theyre website for the release.

mcgivern

Hey thanks - I also hear they are working on some bilsteins that have been so successful on the Rhino/Prowler. I will post a link when I hear something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I emailed charles at highlifter lastnight and got an email back today and he said they got the first set lastweek and tested them. He said they felt that the first run of springs were too soft so he has the manufacturer trying another run of stiffer springs and he said they will know in a couple weeks but looks like they should be available then. I think Im just gonna go with springs as shocks are out of my budget right now with too many toys to buy goodies for

mcgivern

Can you replace just the springs? I hear ya about the cost... I was thinking of doing the front first then the back with the Bilsteins. Of course I also want to ditch the stock tires for Bighorns - decision, decisions. Keep me posted and I will let you know what I find out...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivern View Post
    Can you replace just the springs? I hear ya about the cost... I was thinking of doing the front first then the back with the Bilsteins. Of course I also want to ditch the stock tires for Bighorns - decision, decisions. Keep me posted and I will let you know what I find out...
    got it and you can do just the springs, really easy to replace if you buy theyre compressor or make something like I did to do my buddys springs on his honda 4x4. Highlifter said they shoulb be ready in acouple weeks, 233.00 for a set of 4

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the HL Lift Springs but I see now where Works Perfomance Shock are now making a set of thier shocks for the Big Red. Seen a video on YouTube for them.

I have Elka Shocks on my Rincon and absolutely love them, with this said, I contacted Elka and they had NO plans for offering a set of thier shocks for the Big Red, wrong type of market. I'm bummed.

Works shocks for the Big Red will probably run you about $1500-2000 for a complete set of 4. Pricy but you get complete adjustability unlike the OEM shocks or the OEM shocks with the HL Lift spings.

Let your wallet be your guide.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Been a long time, but I ended up having some custom bilsteins made and they are great.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mcgivern,
    you need to give us more info than that. how much and where from? how and why are they better than stock. this is something i have much interest in. any info is appreciated.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree more details needed.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll post the name of the guy in CA who built them when I get home- I am no shock guru so I can't tell you very much about the valving, etc. I did go through 2 different iterations on springs before I was happy. I was the "test bed" for this guy to hone in the design.

The stock shocks were too mushy when you hit a pothole at speed and would bottom. Stiffer springs on the stock shocks made for too harsh of a ride for me.

Will post contact info tonight...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The company is Micro Touch 562-697-2999

www.microtouchinc.com

Looks like electronics but if you scroll down the page they also do shocks.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IS THE PRICE COMPARABLE TO WHAT IS SHOWN ON THE SITE ...$1400 OR SO?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Price will depend on many factors- steel vs. aluminum, single vs/ dual rate, resevoirs, etc. I don't see anyone custom building the shocks for much less than a grand. Since I helped with R&D, I was offered a discount, which makes it tough for me to guess what he would charge...

The shocks made a big difference on my ride, no doubt, but it is a large invesment...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know the name of the company "UTV shocks" I think, but talk to Jerry, he makes the Blistein shocks specificely. He said he has 3 spring rates avail. soft ,med , stiff. Additional springs are $55 a set. His # is 562-697-2999. A set of front and rear run 1395.00

Search tags for this page

2010 honda big red shocks
2011 honda big red shocks
big red shocks
honda big red front shocks

honda big red shocks

honda big red suspension
shocks for 2010 honda big red
shocks for honda big red
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.