Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lift Kits?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lift Kits?

I just got my Big-Red and the one thing I would like to change is the ground clearance. I see lift-kits but question whether they directly provide additional ground clearance or just allow for taller tires which would so the same?

Thanks in advance.

/Greg

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lift Kits?

the one from High Lifter added two inches to mine. Pushes the ball joints all the way down.
    Alex

Garner NC

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The highlifter springs helped my ground clearance a lot and removing the swaybar also inproves the suspension big time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am looking at going with the High Lifter 2" kit and was wondering if any of you have also installed the High Lifter Lift Springs. The product says it can add up to 1" more clearance. Not that I am look for an extra inch as much as I am looking for a better ride over rough terrain.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the lift kit on mine. It pushes the ball joints down as far as they will go. Better springs will help. The ride on mine when it was new was harsh. It had softened up a little as it is getting broke in. The lift kit made it as hard as when it was new. I think the springs and weight are not matched real good. Adjustable preload shocks would be a great improvement! Are you listening Mother Honda!
    Alex

Garner NC

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for that. I am still breaking in my Big Red and I have also noticed the springs getting a little softer. I have my eyes on the springs from Highlifter thinking that it may be a good choice for the future plans.

Have you had any issues with the lift kit. I am not to keen on pushing the ball joints down as far as they will go.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not yet. I have not had time to do much riding sence I put it on.
    Alex

Garner NC

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried the SuperATV lift kit. Seems to bee the same idea as the High Lifter but a few dollars cheaper. I don't mind paying for a better product if it i worth the price.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look on Gorilla-axle.com Click on downloads on the home page then scroll all the way down for the Honda BR Stage one lift kit. A bit on the high side but it looks like quality stuff.

Thoughts?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks a lot beefier than the 2" High Lifter kit I have. That said I have used mine hard and have never had any issues with it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay i finally did it. i bought the gorilla kit. good thing is it is in louisiana and so am i so i should have it wednesday. i plan to install myself. my plans is to install before the mud ride this weekend. i will keep everyone updated.
    09, 715 BBK & CAM, gorilla lift kit, hl springs, 28" OL rads, hmf swamp series , pc III, dual custom batteries, warn 4000# w, kolpin full tilt, custom snorkel, glove box, rear bumper, & top, triple 7" HID lighting, digital dash, stick stoppers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBONVI View Post
    okay i finally did it. i bought the gorilla kit. good thing is it is in louisiana and so am i so i should have it wednesday. i plan to install myself. my plans is to install before the mud ride this weekend. i will keep everyone updated.
    Please post pictures! Also, can you give us before and after height measurements? I'm looking at the same kit, once my warranty is up.
    2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 - Leveled up & 285/75 MT's
    2009 Honda Big Red - Warn 4500 & 26" Interco Reptiles

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let us know how it turns out and take some pics of the install. The instructions online were some what lacking.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lift kit is installed. the install is pretty straight forward and took about 2 hours by myself. i got somewhere between 2-1/4"-2-1/2" of lift. pre front measured about 11-3/8" and post front is 13-3/4". pre rear was about 11" and post front is 13-1/4". i am running 26" itp xtr radials with about 7.5 psi. the quality of the mounts is supreb, but the hardware is lacking. do yourself a favor and plan on getting 16ea 1/4" flat washers before hand because the 6mm flat washers suppplied are crap and sink into the holes they are mounted to. also i felt compelled to replace 4 of the 6mm x 20mm bolts with 1/4"x1-1/4" hex bolts. example, to me it does not make since to put a 1/4" bolt into a 3/8" hole. the tail pipe also rubbed on the spring. it was not terrible, but unacceptable to me. so i cut about 3" of tailpipe with the turn down. belieive it or not this made the muffler noticeably louder so i will have it rewelded at a slight angle to eliminate the rubbing.

let me know if the link does not work...i am new at this picture posting
    Pictures by BIGBONVI - Photobucket
    09, 715 BBK & CAM, gorilla lift kit, hl springs, 28" OL rads, hmf swamp series , pc III, dual custom batteries, warn 4000# w, kolpin full tilt, custom snorkel, glove box, rear bumper, & top, triple 7" HID lighting, digital dash, stick stoppers

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the pictures! Kit looks great! I’m sold. After reading your information I think I will change some of the hardware and be prepaired to heat or bend the tail pipe.
    And you did a great job posting pictures. Thank you

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BIGBONVI's pics from his Gorilla lift install. Looks real good much better kit than the Highlifter

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone used the Xtreme lift kit? I have been out of the loop for a few months but saw them on Ebay the other night. Powder coated red to match the Honda (I assume powder coated). I am looking to lift it but no more than 2 inches. Still running stock tires on aftermarket rims but the new rims are offset 3 inches and the front tires scrape the backside of the fenderwell when turning and compressing. Dont know if a lift kit will totally solve the problem but i am going for the overall look also.

Too many other small projects to do on BH this spring and not wanting to sink a lot of money in it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went with the basic High Lifter 2" kit and the highlifter springs along with 27" tall Mud Lite XTR's on 14" ITP wheels.
    Stock clearance at rockers was 10". This combo gives me an honest 14" at back and 13.5" at front.
    Ride is firmer, but not harsh.
    I am thinking of disconnecting the rear sway bar as some suggest for better ride.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried or installed a lift with the stock rims on their machine??

I was reading on one of the pages that sell the extreme lift that in the footnotes states that it needs spacers with stock rims.
    no other site with that lift states that..

I'm trying to find a lift kit that will hopefully work without having to replace the rims or get spacers immediately....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats the biggest lift out for the big red right now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast