Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Adding another lift to my br

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adding another lift to my br

Well guys I already have the superatv 2" lift on my br but anyone that knows me knows that 2" is never enough haha so being the superatv lift goes on top of the suppension I bought a strong made 3" lift witch goes on the bottom it comes with brackets and 1 1/2" spring spacers and being I had already made me some custom spring spacer for my br I'll just have to bolt up the brackets so if anyone would be interested in some spring spacers for you br I'll sell the
    Cheap and they do the same thing as the Highlifter springs I'll post some pics of the lift tonight and I'll have it all installed this weekend and post some pics of the finished product
    09 big red
    3" lift, 2" snorkel, 31" outlaws,4500 lb winch, pcIII, custom pro circuit exhaust
    coming soon: custom front and rear bumper, custom roof with radio and speakers, web cam, port and polished head

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Adding another lift to my br

r u sticking with the same 31" outlaws? interco's mamba's are available in 32.5" but are like 90# ea. you are gonna have to talk to gorilla or gear one to hook u up with some axles. I can t wait to see the pics of the finished product.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i got a set of 30" mudzillas on it right now and i know the front might not both fit b/c it might bottom out the ball joints so i'll probably build some new a-arms to relieve the ball joint stress but here is a pic of the 3" lift
    09 big red
    3" lift, 2" snorkel, 31" outlaws,4500 lb winch, pcIII, custom pro circuit exhaust
    coming soon: custom front and rear bumper, custom roof with radio and speakers, web cam, port and polished head

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you do build new A-arms, can you move the front forward to extend the wheelbase a couple of inches. i think it would greatly help with clearance and rubbing . height seems to be less of an isssue than clearance at the rear of the tire.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea if i build new a arms i will definitely do like a 2" forward on them when i get my gorilla's I might build like a 6" lift for it being i'm already going to be spending the money for custom axles might as well get them alil more longer haha
    09 big red

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know this aint your first crawfish boil, but i saw this and thought it may give you some ideas. this is for a ranger.
    Last edited by BIGBONVI; 04-18-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had thought of making new lower ones that would offer better protection to the axles. I just don't have the confidence in my fab skills to make it work. Will be looking forward to see what you come up with.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if all you want is axle protection then look at the stick stoppers. i have them and they work great. with the addition of these your entire undercarriage will be protected. the only drawback is they hold/collect mud and rocks. but it is nothing a pressure washer cant fix.

xtremerancher:
    the pic I posted shows heim joints instead of ball joints which should give a better range of motion and also be considerably stronger. the automotive industry doesnt use them, but the offroad world loves them! if you could rig these up you may not have to reconstruct completly new arms.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hmmm not a bad idea with the heim joints but i was looking at the stock a-arms and i don't think it would be that back to mod them to allow more angle just have to redo the ends but i got the rear lift on tonight i kinda got a late start on working on it due to that i got called into work today but the end result is that i got 19" of ground clearance under the back end all i have to say is this thing is big haha but here is the pic of it i'll have better pics of the finished product tomorrow
    09 big red

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that thing is a beast. i may be interested in the sprign spacers. i have to measure to make sure it will still fit in my garage. how much lift will the spacers yield?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would say 1" - 1 1/2" I can't go any bigger any more b/c it won't fit under mine if i do haha but here is the finished product

09 big red

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so no mods to the front A arms. i see you did some finder trimming up front. so it looks insane, but how does it ride? i sent gorilla an email to see if they would make and how much axles would be for the BR.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea my fenders would get hung up on everything and kept tearing and stuff so i just decided to cut them so they wouldn't get hung up as much and as for gorilla i'll be sending them my driver's rear axle next monday so they can build me one that is the only one that i'm worried about breaking but they said it would take about 2 weeks to get it built and shipped back to me and as for the ride i find it rides just as good if not better but i did take the sway bar off also so that might have something to do with it
    09 big red

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so what they hit you up for? is the axle gonna be a rebuild of yours or a completely new unit?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a complete new one and they said rough est. around $450 and if you want those spring spacers the usually go for $25 a piece i'll sell them for $75 for the set and just bring your br to my shop and i'll help you put them on
    09 big red

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet deal. consider them sold. what is better for you weekday or weekend? i normally work 8-5 m-f, but i make my own sched.
    i measured and have 6" before i hit the top of the garage door. i hear HL is comming out with a set of 30x10x14 outlaw radials any day now. i may be upgrading from 26" mudlite radials. do you think i should wait to put the spacers on til i get the gorilla axles? i eventually want to do all 4 corners, but may have to do the front first and then wait to do the back after i get some more cash flow.