Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help with rear shock on ATV

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help with rear shock on ATV

I have a 2010 ,420 and need a stronger rear shock... SRA ....... Highlifter doesn't make a shock and spring. Only offer a spring. For my bike.... I carry around 400 pounds at times ... Spray tank ..... I had a 350 with a Highlifter shock and spring and had a spacer added to the set up. It was just what I needed. A 350 shock is only 15" long ,,,,,,, Now I need my 420 to carry the load. The current shock is apx 17 1/2" form hole to hole. Any of u know of a shock - spring that would fit that dimension. I already have spacers.
    Thanks

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need help with rear shock on ATV

From the sounds of it, all you may really need is an appropriate dual rate spring weight for the load you are carrying. I would recommend calling Andy at RacerTech and tell him what you have and what you need it to do. At a minimum he should be able to recommend the correct spring rate to support the load you are wanting to carry. I know he carries King and Elkas and some a very custom shocks (like up to $500 per shock) or just springs and spacers ($100 each approx.) as needed. Springs - Shop by Part

I am sure they do not have anything in stock that fits you needs but can t least tell you what you need and may be able to get it for you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with rear shock on ATV

Jackal thanks very much