If you are new to the site, tell us a bit about yourself!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: If you are new to the site, tell us a bit about yourself!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are new to the site, tell us a bit about yourself!

Don't be shy, please make an introduction telling us about yourself. Are you interested in buying a Big Red? Already own one? Where are you located?

Posting an introduction helps the members on this site get to know you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: If you are new to the site, tell us a bit about yourself!

I currently don't own a Big Red but would be interested in purchasing one if they came out with a sport model. I've owned a few Honda products before and have had great luck. This includes a 2003 CBR 600RR, and a 95 900RR.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greetings!! I'm about to make a move to the Honda MUV. I presently have a 2002 Rubicon which has serviced me well but like a lot of other fellas I'm moving up to a side by side, The Big Red. The main reason is so that my wife can ride with me. We live in the eastern panhanle of WV and our riding areas are limited although I have been to the Hatfield-McCoy trails which are about 4-5 hours away and well worth the trip. So, if anyone knows of any nice trails please let me know. I'm past the "hell bent for leather" rides, don't think my body could take it anymore, although I understand that the Big Red is a very comfortable ride. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tdtnomo View Post
    Greetings!! I'm about to make a move to the Honda MUV. I presently have a 2002 Rubicon which has serviced me well but like a lot of other fellas I'm moving up to a side by side, The Big Red. The main reason is so that my wife can ride with me. We live in the eastern panhanle of WV and our riding areas are limited although I have been to the Hatfield-McCoy trails which are about 4-5 hours away and well worth the trip. So, if anyone knows of any nice trails please let me know. I'm past the "hell bent for leather" rides, don't think my body could take it anymore, although I understand that the Big Red is a very comfortable ride. Thank you for allowing me to join your forum!
    Glad to have you aboard!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi I am getting ready to test drive Red hopefully this afternoon. I have owned the 04 rhino for one year and an 05 ranger. The ranger I just sold on ebay. Trail rode the ranger in Tn. at Wendrock several times. I have rode a lot of miles there. also several trips to some private land near Zoe Kentucky. Hope to own a Red in about a month. I am a member of the PRC Forum and Utility off road .com. They are supposed to be for all utv's but are very Rhino biased. That is why the PRC was formed for the Polaris guys. And now he is not even adding a section for Red. He says it is too slow and has no suspension. If I am right this forum will grow just as fast as the prc did. I sure hope we can put together some Red trail rides in the future!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the site! Please let us know how your test drive goes!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just got home from driving red about a half mile. WOOW. I am in love with red. It was just a parking lot pavement and gravel. and two curbs. I had to go over the curbs twice to see how it will ride off road. I am very impressed! to say the least.
    With this transmission nothing else compares t all. It starts off so smooth and shifts up and down so nice. But you guys already know all this. I had one question the salesman could not answer. Where does the airbox take in air? I could not see where the pipe goes. Although it looks very plumbable if that is a word.

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its runs under the passenger seat

Ed

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First -- I'm a proud new owner of a new Honda Big Red!!

I'm a wildlife/nature photographer in the hills of Arkansas and this machine fits the bill perfectly. Awesome ride, stable, plenty of power, lots of cargo space, comfortable, roomy…man, thanks Honda!! I've only logged about 40 miles so far, but I can already see this machine will be around for a long time to come.

I found this site through a Google search back when I was trying to decide if I wanted the Big Red or one of the competitors. Thanks to the owners here for providing us Big Red'ers a place to congregate. I see a few pictures and some cool stuff coming in from UTV Crap, so hopefully the site is off and running.

Peace,
    Ed

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Ed, Hi all, Im a new guy here and am considering a Big Red. Went to look at them @ Lockport Honda in western NY. I have always owned Honda and am so narrow minded would not consider any other make. I like Ed am in to outdoor photography and need room for long lens cases as well as other gear and be able to have another person with me. The only thing I would add is a winch and maybe slightly bigger tires. I am on blood thinner because of developing a clot in my lung after ankle surgery. I wanted an Atv, but the wife felt better about the roll cage. If I were strike my head I could bleed out. Probably will get my machine in August. Mike

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mike, welcome to the site. Hopefully you won't have any accidents quad or UTV either way.... enjoy the Big Red if ya get one!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Danny and I have had a Big Red since April of 09. I have made several modifications to include: stereo w/1000 amp (AM, FM, CD, IPOD, and XM - 7 speakers). I have added running lights, back-up lights, dome lights, and bed lights. I have also added an extra battery, front bumper, top, doors, and back window. I have added oversize tires w/chrome wheels and a winch.

I live in Birmingham Al and have put approximately 1200 miles on my Big Red.

The big question that is at the top of my list is: has anyone changed the exhaust system to make it quieter? After adding the top, doors etc., I have a big problem with the noise of the exhaust.

Obviously, there has been a great deal of trial and error (if anyone has modified their big red, they know this already); nevertheless, maybe I can answer some questions for anyone trying to do what I have done.

Thanks to everyone… and if you know how to make this thing quieter, please let me know.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought my Big Red in August and have over 700km on it. I am just at the planning stage for a new roll cage and a rear bench seat. I have start making a set of rock rails, rear bumper and driving lights. Just wondering if anyone has pictures of how they mounted a stero system.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im Rob fron northern california, i ve had a big red since dec 08. Just put a soft cab on it from mammoth skins. Have a friend with a rhino but we mostly use the honda . I have a bunch of honda stuff from goldwing to string trimmer. We are big world of outlaws fans and take the big red to races often for our pit vehicle. I will post some pics.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A big welcome from Texas!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello all. Found this site looking for comments about the Honda Big Red . Thinking about getting one soon. From what i read it's a Rincon with a body on it ? Which is ok because i have a 2007 rincon now. Also a 2005 Rancher AT. I will probably trade the rancher in for a BG. I'm retired and live in the central Arkansas area. Anyone else live in this neck of the woods? Thanks and Glad I found this site. Jeff B Carter.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello to all! I found this site by google. I have been looking for a site like this but I am more of a lurker than a poster though. I am a faithful Honda owner as I have always had good luck with all I have owned. I have had a Big Red for a little over a year now and have logged almost 300 miles with 100 at Windrock part of which where difficult trails and the BR did awsome. I recently insalled ITP SS212 rims and Bighorn Maxxis tires all stock size. I will post a picture soon.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just picked up a slightly used 09 Big Red yesterday.. I am a loyal Honda owner, and make aftermarket products for Honda cars already, so I figured I'd pick one up and see what I can do with it.. My first project is overcoming that crappy 40mph speed limiter.. Wish me luck!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My dad and I just bought a VERY slightly used Big Red (less than one hour per the original owner!). We have a farm in SW PA, with many hills. Previously had a 6x6 Ranger, with no engine braking, and a very difficult machine to maintain and comfortably drive. I sold my dad on a Honda since I also own several Honda quads, and have had very good service from them. I just ordered a digital dash and windshield, it already had a hard roof. Now my dad wants a cab enclosure, and I suppose Mammoth Skins is the only one presently making something to work with a factory windshield and hard roof. From reading some of the other posts, I suppose that exhaust noise will increase the more we enclose the cab.
    We will use the machine on the farm only, mostly trail riding and chores...firewood, deerstands, etc.
    Decided on the Big Red since it has, in my opinion, a much better manufacturer reputation, and a real transmission. Even though a Ranger seems to have it beat on many stats, I believe the Honda will last longer, and with less downtime and less cost to maintain.
    I'm looking forward to seeing others get involved with this site, since the amount of info on the net for the Big Red is limited.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We bought a 2009 Camo Honda Big Red last April. We love it and are looking forward to adding attachments such as a snow plow blade, pull behind roto tiller and bush hog. We own a small farm in SW PA. and really want to get as much use out of this vehicle as possible.

So far, very pleased! It's a beast!

Rich

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast