Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Supercross tomorrow

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supercross tomorrow

I'm heading to the THQ Supercross at the Citrus bowl in Orlando tomorrow. They haven't been in town for 8 years now. Hopefully they will keep this date and location.

Bubba will be back tomorrow so it should be exciting.
    Last edited by smkeatr; 03-18-2005 at 3:39 PM.

johnnycrash

Re: Supercross tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by smkeatr

Bubba will be back tomorrow so it should be exciting.
    I'm jealous!

I think this could turn out to be one of the greatest races ever. It'll be the first time Carmichael, Reed, and Stewart all go at it together - provided Stewart stays upright in practice.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycrash
    I'm jealous!

I think this could turn out to be one of the greatest races ever. It'll be the first time Carmichael, Reed, and Stewart all go at it together - provided Stewart stays upright in practice.
    And they'll finish in that order.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ReaperAZ

If they get the track built in time. The practices were cancelled today due to the soggy weather they are having. They haven't finished building the darn track yet. It'll be nice to see how well Bubba does and Pastrana was also supposed to return this weekend as well. If Bubba is truely 100% it will be a barn burner for sure. When I was in Phx, during practice Bubba looked very fast and comfortable on his 250. I'm supposed to ride on Sunday but I may just skip it to watch the return of Bubba.

Dano

johnnycrash

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    And they'll finish in that order.
    Maybe. Even though I'm the biggest RC fan ever - RC had nothing for Reed in Daytona.

ReaperAZ

I'd really like to see Windham win but he's just not up to the pace RC and CR can run.

Dano

slodsm

I can't wait to see this one, dammit I am supposed to be at the strip on Sunday as well, I guess I will be taping the race. Stewert is the man and I would love to see him just ride and not push so damn hard. He is (to me) the fastest/smoothest guy out there today but he rides practice like it's lap 20 of the main and look where it got him. Pastrana is pretty much counted out to me, he has sick skills but he has hurt himself so bad and so often in FMX he just can't hold together for an SX race anymore. Charmicheal is fast but I really don't want a replay of the 04 outdoor season so with Windham winning one and Reed winning two, I hope Stewert wins some more because I want a fight for a title, not a walk in the park.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bud picked up some pit passes so hopefully there will be some pics posted up soon.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Friday was good weather so that is when they finished the track. Friday's practice was cancelled.

Tonights action was unbelievable. The results are out so I'm not really spoiling anything.

Stewart basically walked Ricky through the Heat race. Ricky didn't look like he had anything for him, or he was saving himself for the main, I don't know.

The main was what you would imagine...

Stewart pulled out in front after the first turn, and he was taking off like a rocket. It was Stewart, Ricky and then Chad. Ricky bobbled and went down but that was about 6 or so laps into it. He got up third. Stewart lost it on the whoops and it seemed to take him a minute to get up. He got up third. Reed then was uncatchable. Stewart then was in hot pursuit of Ricky and was gaining ground, slowly but gaining. A down rider in front of Stewart put some significant distance between him and Ricky and that is how it finished.

Reed, who stayed up the whole race.
    Ricky, who really didn't look like he'd catch Reed no matter how many laps there were.
    Stewart, who after his fall in the whoops, was gaining on Ricky until that lapped rider dumped it right in front of him costing him his momentum.

I guess I'll wait until next week for it to come on ESPN so I can see what I missed in person. There is so much going on, it is impossible to see it all. What a race! This was my first Supercross I've attended.
    Last edited by smkeatr; 03-20-2005 at 1:23 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A few pics from the pits:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Supercross tomorrow-p2020010.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2020011.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2020015.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2020017.jpg  

Supercross tomorrow-p2020028.jpg  

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A few more:

Fonseca walks by me by the bathrooms and I'm thinking, "I wonder where he was going"? We walk up to our seats and he's sitting 2 rows in front of us with a crew member from Clear Channel. He's signing away and taking pics with as many people who were interested. The opening ceremony had the top riders spread out in the stands and on the track. It was pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Supercross tomorrow-p2020021.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2020018.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2020029.jpg   Supercross tomorrow-p2030039.jpg  

Supercross tomorrow-p2030034.jpg  
    Last edited by smkeatr; 03-20-2005 at 1:27 AM.

ReaperAZ

Too bad it wasn't on TV this weekend. I ahte when they start showing the race a week later. You always find out who won the race way before you get to see it. Kind of spoils it but oh. Thanks for the update smkeatr, and the pics too. Did Pastrana make his return?

Dano

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pastrana's bikes were in his pit but he wasn't on the track.

I didn't see practice but one of his bikes was dirty. I'm not sure if he practiced and got hurt or decided not to race or what.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the other hand....maybe he didn't get past the qualifying heats???

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I saw the TV coverage (tape) today and I was a little puzzled. They show Pastrana near his trailer but he did not race. They also show McGrath signing but he was not in sight anywhere on or off the track.

Maybe they use a generic tape during the intro and such.