Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Riverside County Restrictions

EatnAsphalt

Riverside County Restrictions

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Riverside County Restrictions

Wow. Those people are going to have tall grass since they can't use a lawnmower within 100 feet of their property line. (Lawn Mowers are off-road vehicles, right?)

EatnAsphalt

Lawn mowers aren't required to register with the DMV as an OHV, so I don't think that would count. They singled out dirtbikes from what I read.

"On March 28, the Board of Supervisors approved a law that prohibits all OHV riding on private property except for the period from noon to 5 p.m.
    and requires riders to stay 100 feet from property lines and 250 feet from neighboring homes. The law also allows the use of only one OHV per 10 acres of land, with a maximum of four vehicles on a single parcel, no matter how large the area. To get a conditional use permit allowing more vehicles would cost up to $10,000. These restrictions apply to land in all unincorporated parts of Riverside County, located east of Los Angeles.

At the same meeting, the County Board also gave final approval to a highly restrictive noise regulation that sets maximum allowable sound levels at the property line at 50, 55 or 75 decibels, depending on the zoning of the parcel. That puts allowable noise levels from OHVs well below those commonly produced by highway traffic, air conditioners, or even an electric toothbrush."

So you want to buy your kids some CR50s and ride on your own land? Not any more in that county!
    Last edited by EatnAsphalt; 04-02-2006 at 12:39 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

navydevildoc

Something tells me there is more to this law. Like who really lobbied for it, and why.

EatnAsphalt

Politics at their finest. Proof that money gets you whatever you want. Freedom, yeah right.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be packing my belongings into boxes and moving outta there ASAP.

Speaking of lawnmowers, the neighbor is already cutting his grass for the 2nd time in 3 days. It's been cloudy and in the 50's. Something tells me grass doesn't grow too well in this weather

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    Something tells me there is more to this law. Like who really lobbied for it, and why.
    Out here in Riverside county, there are many parcels of land zoned for horses...under a fucking acre. It's nastiness at it's finest. (the density of horses, and the smell in places like Norco is incredible)

Some people, like me, buy properties with an acre and would like to put a little 50 track in. It is also not uncommon to see this in the front yard.

Jeremy McGrath has been central in this fight, as he's been in a court battle with neighbors.

It's silly. Most of Riverside county is a shithole. A buncha pretentious San Diego and OC wannabes have moved out here and put in place restrictions similar to those cities, and developers actively pushing this stuff believing it will raise the value of their land...while ignoring the fact it's BFE out here.

Next weekend, this utter shithole is in my rear view. FUCK YOU RIVERSIDE CO POLITICIANS!

Hammer

Kalifornia at it's finest.

SPEED

I wonder if they'll pass a law that live bands have to shut down before 4am?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean
    Out here in Riverside county, there are many parcels of land zoned for horses...under a fucking acre. It's nastiness at it's finest. (the density of horses, and the smell in places like Norco is incredible)

Some people, like me, buy properties with an acre and would like to put a little 50 track in. It is also not uncommon to see this in the front yard.

Jeremy McGrath has been central in this fight, as he's been in a court battle with neighbors.

It's silly. Most of Riverside county is a shithole. A buncha pretentious San Diego and OC wannabes have moved out here and put in place restrictions similar to those cities, and developers actively pushing this stuff believing it will raise the value of their land...while ignoring the fact it's BFE out here.

Next weekend, this utter shithole is in my rear view. FUCK YOU RIVERSIDE CO POLITICIANS!
    All valid points. However, when I moved to Michigan in 78, Azusa was BFE and mostly desert. Now Azusa may as well be Pacific Palisades geographically in relation to the "new BFE". I'll bet that pretty soon 29 Palms is a bedroom community for Riverside or maybe even for the SF valley . . .

Mojave954

Gotta love this state. Chokin' themselves out of existance. Pretty soon it will be no fun to be here.

esoteric

I think the 405 is a friggin blast to play on

SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by abtech
    All valid points. However, when I moved to Michigan in 78, Azusa was BFE and mostly desert. Now Azusa may as well be Pacific Palisades geographically in relation to the "new BFE". I'll bet that pretty soon 29 Palms is a bedroom community for Riverside or maybe even for the SF valley . . .

It already is.

I'm not too far from Norco...it took me 15 min to get on the freeway today from 3 blocks away.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah...and while I was looking at houses in Norco, a fucking camel walked by...as I stepped in piles of horseshit walking up to houses.

But dirtbikes...they're obnoxious.

SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean
    Yeah...and while I was looking at houses in Norco, a fucking camel walked by...as I stepped in piles of horseshit walking up to houses.

But dirtbikes...they're obnoxious.
    A Camel?

Guess I need to get the pitbike out for some night riding in the back yard

About half of the Riverside area residents own big rigs & aren't allowed to park them on the street anymore.....won't be long before they can't bring them home at all. One good thing is that they are making a huge effort to clean up the Down Town area along with that 91/60/215 enterchange.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    Not really. As some have said the pretentious, self-centered equestrians are really a big reason. Want-a-be cowgirls with their stinky things wandering around like oversized french poodles on undersized lots. I have neighbors like that.

I have to admit though, it would drive me nuts to have dirt bikes racing around all day next to my house.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry guys to bring this up. In Madera County, we too have a county ord on OHV use. In a nut shell, if you have less than 10 arces, you can only ride for 15 mins to tune up the OHV. Does, not say how many times a day, tho or for how many OHV you might have. Also, no 2-strokes are allowed to be ridden on your property. Must calls are just for people riding any OHV on there property. I see both sides of this fight. I love to ride, but would not want to have a day off, or trying to sleep during the day, if I had to work a graveyard shift, with my neighbors riding all day.

All it takes is for neighbors to get along and talk to each other. When would be a good time to ride? Keep the noise and dust down! RIGHT??

SIMPLE...

But it just can't happen for some reason.

However, we do not enforce this COUNTY ORD. until someone calls in.

Search tags for this page

restrictions on land usage for off road racing

riverside co. sound ord.

riverside county building permit restriction for guest houses on less than 10 acres

riverside county rules for guest houses

was riverside counties ohv riding restrictions overturned in court

was riversides ohv riding restrictions taken to court

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.