RC's last ride...
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RC's last ride...

ReaperAZ

RC's last ride...

So what do you guys think of Ricky saying this was his last full season of racing?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: RC's last ride...

He's scared because he finally has real competition, so he'd rather go into semi-retirement.
    Just like McGrath.

johnnycrash

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAZ
    So what do you guys think of Ricky saying this was his last full season of racing?
    I believe him, although I bet he still races a few times like MC does. I personally think that as Stewart matures he's going to be untouchable.

That said my money is still on RC for the outdoor season this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

SJ96F3

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    He's scared because he finally has real competition, so he'd rather go into semi-retirement.
    Just like McGrath.
    Agreed... I think he knows Stewart is going to be the new king.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    Just like McGrath.
    There's something to be said for quitting when you're ahead, especially with a career like he's had. I think his contract with Suzuki goes out for another 2-3 years, so it sounds like he has things set up very well for semi-retirement. Like him or not, sounds like he's played his cards very well.

I'm over his NASCAR aspirations, though.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycrash
    Check your PMs, you phuck.

MrX954

I'd rather go out on top, not that I think he can be beat still, but look at complete 's like Metallica they should have quit years ago before they became the lame ass bunch of losers they are now.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    There's something to be said for quitting when you're ahead, especially with a career like he's had. I think his contract with Suzuki goes out for another 2-3 years, so it sounds like he has things set up very well for semi-retirement. Like him or not, sounds like he's played his cards very well.
    Exactly. He's getting old, had a relatively injury free career and is rich. Stewart is going to push him like nobody has in his career, which means taking bigger risks than he ever has...which will more than likely mean injury.

The man has set the current standard for all MX racers to aspire to. Good time to get out.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete

I'm over his NASCAR aspirations, though.
    I agree with you. He wants to go out on top, know that's not going to happen next year so he's calling it quits.
    I dunno about the NASCAR thing either unless he's just trying to upstage Jeff Ward on that front.
    I could see him giving the SuperMoto thing a whirl, or maybe even try a CORR truck like McGrath and Pastrana have done.
    He's definately set up, so now it's time to go play around.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ward went into Indy cars, pretty hard to upstage an Indy driver in a truck.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would agree, as an Indy car or Champ car are actual race cars. And Ward has actually proven to be a respectable car pilot. However, the NASCRAP stage is FAR larger than the other two combined, unfortunately.
    Racing in a NASCRAP event - even the trucks - would be an upstage in the media for sure. I don't know that would be his reasoning, though. Most likely would be just to try it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was referring to a NASCAR as a truck. I believe the only real differences in the two is basically compression ratio, I think a bit of cam rule, and the body anyway.

If you mean upstage as in fame, sure. If you mean upstage amoung those who know racecars, ie probably their friends, than he's not going to do it in a NASCRAP.

ReaperAZ

RC has been my favorite SX/MX racer for a long time now. Even when he made the switch he was still my fav. He's made a choice that's right for him I guess, not like he still won't be making big money from Suzuki anyways. I was super happy he took the AMA title. He's no fool he knows what Stewart is going to "grow" into and I'm sure it's a part of why he's stepping back a bit now.