FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SPEEDWORLD PREPARES FOR NEXT BIG EVENT
Improvements Underway in Preparation For Another Capacity Crowd
Surprise, AZ (July 21, 2009)— In preparation of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series returning to Speedworld on October 17 and 18, track owner Dan Matthews and staff have been staying busy. “Our last event (May 2-3) went extremely well and the introduction of this type of racing to Arizona was well received by the community.” “We took notes in May and saw an opportunity to make a few improvements. Our goal is to develop this facility into the premiere off road track in the Southwest” said Matthews.
With nearly 8,000 fans on hand for the inaugural race in May, the anticipated crowd (for the upcoming October event), exceeds 10,000 spectators.
“The excitement from the entire Phoenix metropolitan area, surrounding the event in May, leads us to expect at least 90% of those fans will return for the October race” said Speedworld’s Roland Mc New, public relations and marketing manager. “The best description of this type of racing would be to say that it’s a combination of motocross and sprint car racing. With the recent closing of Manzanita Speedway, we anticipate a big cross-over of fans. Once they see how fast, action-packed, and exciting this type of racing can get, they’ll be hooked!”
Known as “SHORT COURSE” racing, the entire race course is visible from the grandstands and provides non-stop excitement for spectators.
Major improvements include the addition of a new 1,000 seat grandstand, a larger VIP hospitality area, and additional VIP RV spaces with prime viewing of the entire race course.
About Speedworld Raceway Park:
Speedworld Raceway Park is the Northwest valley’s premiere multi-use motorsports facility. Encompassing nearly 400 acres, the facility hosts numerous racing venues, including; motocross, a 1/8 mile dirt track oval, R/C airplanes, drag racing, BMX, R/C cars, sand drags and a mud bog area. www.speedworldmx.com
About the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series:
Formed by Tony Vanillo in 2009, the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series is based in Corona, California and is a short course racing sanctioning body. The series was born from a style of racing which began in the early 70’s and hit the mainstream in 2006. Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series brings intense, adrenaline, action-packed racing to spectators and television viewers. www.lucasoiloffroad.com This high impact, nationally televised series will showcase the following classes:
· Unlimited 4: Full-size 4WD race vehicles, V8 engines, 800 + HP
- Unlimited 2: Full-size 2WD race vehicles, V8 engines, 800 + HP
- Unlimited Lite: Compact/Mid-sized 2WD race vehicles, 4 cylinder engines, 300 HP
- Super Lite: Mid-size 2WD, two seat, 200 HP, Spec class
- Unlimited Buggy: 1650 cc water-cooled 4 cylinder and VW Type 1 engine
- Limited Buggy: 1600 cc VW Type 1 engine
- Unlimited UTV: Heavily modified UTV up to 800cc displacement.
- Limited UTV: Limited class utilizing stock unmodified UTV frame and bolt on aftermarket parts.
- Modified UTV: Developmental modified class utilizing up to 1000cc displacement.
- Kart: Single seat, custom-built mini race trucks, Drivers 8 - 15 yrs old.