Riding gear for the GF
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riding gear for the GF

SoCalRider

Re: Riding gear for the GF

Depends how long we have been going out....

First Month - helmet
    Second Month - helmet and gloves
    Third Month - helmet, gloves. leathers
    Fourth Month - helmet, gloves, leathers, boots
    Fifth Month - whatever, I could care less
    Sixth Month........... never had to deal with this one.

deez

Umm, if she wants to ride and she is a big girl, she can purchase her own gear.

Just help her find the brands that make women specific jackets and so forth.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alpinestar makes nice stuff in women's shapes and sizes...

I like the jacket/boots/gloves thing personally. Anything more and you shouldn't be riding that hard two up on the street anyway...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CCWilli must not be a leg man.

dB

Not to be a downer, but this is kind of a pet peave of mine. I see a lot of guys in full leathers riding too quickly with their wives/girlfriends on the back dressed in not much more than an old, too-big helmet. All that purty skin at risk...and more. My wife never gets on the bike (mine or hers) without full gear. Who among us would like to be responsible for the preventable injury of a passenger who is trusting us for their safety?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

luvtolean : CCWilli must not be a leg man.
    actually, I am...

figment

dB : Not to be a downer, but this is kind of a pet peave of mine. I see a lot of guys in full leathers riding too quickly with their wives/girlfriends on the back dressed in not much more than an old, too-big helmet. All that purty skin at risk...and more. My wife never gets on the bike (mine or hers) without full gear. Who among us would like to be responsible for the preventable injury of a passenger who is trusting us for their safety?
    amen brotha!

deez

dB : Not to be a downer, but this is kind of a pet peave of mine. I see a lot of guys in full leathers riding too quickly with their wives/girlfriends on the back dressed in not much more than an old, too-big helmet. All that purty skin at risk...and more. My wife never gets on the bike (mine or hers) without full gear. Who among us would like to be responsible for the preventable injury of a passenger who is trusting us for their safety?
    WE have a bike night locally on Tuesday, suprisingly squids aren't prevalent like at some of the other bike nights. But I see what you are talking about every week. Girl on the back with a helmet on, look at me I'm cute shirt, tennis shoes, and jeans, no jacket/gloves/boots/ etc. One guy rolled up last week with his girl on the back, neither of them had any gear on, not even helmets.

HondaGal

I don't believe that your girlfriend/passenger should wear any less gear than the rider should. You both are susceptible to the same issues or problems.

Tough call on who should buy, though. If it's a new relationship, see if you can borrow gear that fits for her to use.

2OHOH2

Same gear as you would wear, or better.

On planned rides, I pick out the gear from what I have, that would fit and protect best. A couple of times I've given rides when I only had the gear that I was wearing... naturally (to me) the girl on the back ended up wearing it all. I would rather live with my own injuries than knowing I caused my passenger (especially a cute girl, sorry, I'm sexist like that) undue suffering. Oh, and if they don't want to wear it, they don't ride, that simple (gotta be wise for both sometimes).

I've even seen guys wearing gear with a girl on the back with no gear on whatsoever, not even sunglasses. Chivalry might be dead, but damn

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pillions buy their own gear....which leads them to buy their own bike so we don't ride with a pillion.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm with 2OH I won't let anybody on without at least a helmet. If they don't wanna wear it, they don't ride.

And around here it's very common to see the rider fully dressed, and the passenger have nothing but a tanktop, shorts so short that her butt's hanging out and flipflops. Sometimes sunglasses. That just disturbs me to no end

Bacchus

ND4SPDSHO : And around here it's very common to see the passenger have shorts so short that her butt's hanging out. *That just disturbs me to no end.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. And I haven't picked on you for awhile.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bacchus : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ June 11 2003, 7:39pm)And around here it's very common to see the passenger have shorts so short that her butt's hanging out. *That just disturbs me to no end.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. *And I haven't picked on you for awhile.
    Not the fact that her butt's hanging out, ya twirp, the fact that she's on the bike with no gear.

You and stegen with your gay comments. Maybe you two should hook up.

alexandra

I'm with most of you on this one as well.

Can't forget the always lovely 'I wanna ride hoes' and all they are wearing are really really short shorts, tank top, and heals (aaarrrgghhhh), oh and don't forget the little purse to go with the outfit.

Last season, I saw a guy and his girlfriend getting on the highway and she was wearing a bikini top, shorts and gym shoes, he was wearing a tank top, shorts and gym shoes. PLUS smoking a cigarette...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alexandra : PLUS smoking a cigarette...
    heh heh,

That trips me out, I see the harley guys around here do the same thing! *Such talent they have!

Jay

Are we to assume that this girlfriend is a well liked girl?
    Becuz that would help w/what we pick out for her. j/k

Jay

Really my belief is that I would not dress her any different than I would dress myself.

ratter

When i ride my girfriend, she is wearing.........................................he y that's none of your buisness

Diesel954

I admit that my girlfriend has been on my bike with no jacket or gloves. She does wear jeans, boots of some type and typically a long sleeve shirt. Yes I do have an Arai helmet that fits her perfectly. Its hard to find a quality jacket that fits her correctly. Most are for looks only. She will have one shortly.
    I agree with the rest of you on this topic though. Being hot in your gear is better than being uncomfortable in a hospital bed as a grossly overweight nurse walks by muttering something about a sponge bath. Happened to a buddy of mine. HAHHAHA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast