Nooooo!!!! My visor!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nooooo!!!! My visor!!

matt232

Nooooo!!!! My visor!!

A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?

Rigor

Re: Nooooo!!!! My visor!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt232
    A large scratch has appearing on my tinted visor and I've got no idea how it occurred other than it happened between arriving and leaving work on Monday.

Part of the scratch is directly in front of my left eye and is quite annoying, I'm starting to mentally flitter it out but it occasionally comes back into focus and annoys the hell out of me.

Does anyone know any tricks at repairing the scratch? A friend suggested toothpaste to me today but she thought the scratch was probably too big. Any other ideas before I try the toothpaste anyway?
    Mother's mag polish, on a soft, DAMP cotton cloth.

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by matt232

Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ReaperAZ

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofblue
    Buy a shield, I know this sucks but a object in front of your eye is distracting and in my opinion a safety hazard

I just buy new ones when they get a scratch that obstructs my view. I just had to buy a new one for my Spec-1R Extreme this week, then one for my girlfriend Spec-1r yesterday.

Dano

matt232

The bloody thing is only a couple of months old and they aren't cheap enough to be buying one every couple of months, if I can help it I'd like to have a go at salvaging it but if not I guess I'll just have to go shopping.
    Last edited by matt232; 01-26-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the toothpaste idea works pretty good on cds with very tiny scratches but I'm gonna say if its really bothering you then its probably too big for toothpaste. I don't know if the toothpaste will have any affect on the tint. thats the only thing I'd worry about, it shoudl be a problem for the actual visor though.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Novus makes a 3 step polish and scratch remover for plastic. Riderwearhouse sells it.