Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kushitani gear

Heavy-Dee

Re: Kushitani gear

Quote Originally Posted by CBRVFR
    HD - I was speaking of FearJ - Please give him my best wishes for a full recovery. Sure would be nice to see you guys at Grattan. Like for a day or whatever. At Grattan. Not too far from Cleveland really. Grattan, that is..
    Lol. I'd love to make it, but chances are slim. My sister-in-law is getting married in St. Thomas in April so there goes $2k to get my wife and I there for 3 whole days to watch her marry some dude that I basically have never met. Plus being in school and all, I probably won't have the time even if I had the money.

I DO miss that track though. I was thinking about the first FB.org days I went to in 2004 and how it was one of the funnest couple of days I've ever had. Ever.

HD

Baketech

My A/S gloves are real carbon, albeit with blingy gloss resin...they did not shatter, rather they abraded pretty easily.

I would think an engineered plastic would have significantly better abrasion properties than carbon. Unfortunately the gloves that fit my hand, all seem to be the carbon ones. I'd love a set of the GP Pro with the plastic knucks, but they don't fit my hand....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy-Dee
    Lol. I'd love to make it, but chances are slim. My sister-in-law is getting married in St. Thomas in April so there goes $2k to get my wife and I there for 3 whole days to watch her marry some dude that I basically have never met. Plus being in school and all, I probably won't have the time even if I had the money.

I DO miss that track though. I was thinking about the first FB.org days I went to in 2004 and how it was one of the funnest couple of days I've ever had. Ever.

HD
    I'm telling ya...buy the DVD instead. It'll cost ya $25 at most.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

CanyonCarver

Re: the c/f knuckles. I've wrecked pretty hard & fast with both the A* GP-Techs and the Held Galaxy gloves, both with c/f knuckles. It appears that there may be differences btwn the brands, as the Held wore much less than the A* and were still good to go where the A*s weren't. Different accidents & conditions, for sure, but it was a noticeable difference in wear for the situations, IMO.

matt232

My alpinestars were painful to wear in for the first month and "uncomfortable" for a futher 6 months, at the 8 month mark they fell apart. Don't think to highly of alpinestars these days.

In contrast the Joe Rocket gloves I got, we worn in within an hour and blishfully comfortable after a day, two days later they successfully crash tested at about 60-70km/h. They are still going strong ~12 months after getting them.

Joe Rocket GPX gloves are all kinds of good.

Heavy-Dee

Quote Originally Posted by matt232
    My alpinestars were painful to wear in for the first month and "uncomfortable" for a futher 6 months, at the 8 month mark they fell apart. Don't think to highly of alpinestars these days.

In contrast the Joe Rocket gloves I got, we worn in within an hour and blishfully comfortable after a day, two days later they successfully crash tested at about 60-70km/h. They are still going strong ~12 months after getting them.

Joe Rocket GPX gloves are all kinds of good.
    Dem don' bling enough for Noodles.

Baketech

Quote Originally Posted by matt232
    Why would you wear "uncomfortable" anything for such a long period...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baketech
    My A/S gloves are real carbon, albeit with blingy gloss resin...they did not shatter, rather they abraded pretty easily.
    Yeppers, carbon sucks in abrasion. Kevlar would be the best material by far. But it's ugly. The next best, just thinking aloud, could be one of the carbon/kevlar hybrid weaves. Kevlar backed carbon would be my numero uno choice, bling looks and performance. (this was how we built our HPV fairings for this very reason)

Plastic vs Carbon?

The normal problem with plastic in abrasion is temperature. Even most fancy plastics have a very low "melting" temp. (that "melting" term will get any true plastics geek all over my ass. )

phobiaphobe

I think the "in bed" signature hurts you more than helps you.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    I see said the blind man.

Technic has some good gloves, they crash pretty good too.

Not these ones:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...-33-TEK-3.html

but I really like my-

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...33-TEK-14.html

Of course, elastic vs. safety strap around wrist is risque' for some.

I'll go Teknic every time........in bed.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the MotoGP Nitrous gloves http://www.brocktoncycle.com/eshoppr...ROUS_GLOVE.htm
    painful at first, very tight to get into and very tight around the carbon. Once they got broken in the coloring on the fingers on the palm side worn away (not really a big concern) and they got much looser. The fingers a little bit long but otherwise they fit nice and are comfortable.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2