Glove suggestions.... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Glove suggestions....

Joel

Re: Glove suggestions....

I currently wear Held gloves. My first pair lasted me 100,000 or more miles, and I was very happy with them, so I bought another pair, and I'm still very happy with them.

I think next time I would seriously consider these ones: http://www.leeparksdesign.com/default....MQ542R0 Motorcyclist recently did a review and gave them .

HondaGal

I have the Held Akira's too, along with the Held Galaxy model. The Akira's protection are more comfortable for me and they required basically no break-in period.

The deerskin gloves are nice but where's the protection?? The extra layer of leather on top of the knuckles doesn't provide any real protection. There's no armor for the forearms, fingers, or knuckles. Wazzup with that??? Sure they're soft and supple but in a fall your hands can be broken/smashed. I think this glove was made for the 'cruiser' folks who have basically no regard for hand protection.

Joel

HondaGal : The deerskin gloves are nice but where's the protection?? *The extra layer of leather on top of the knuckles doesn't provide any real protection. *There's no armor for the forearms, fingers, or knuckles. *Wazzup with that??? * * Sure they're soft and supple but in a fall your hands can be broken/smashed. *I think this glove was made for the 'cruiser' folks who have basically no regard for hand protection. *
    I disagree. The most common injury for hands that I've seen is due to abrasion, not breaks / crushing injuries. Besides, a bit of CF on your knuckles is not really going to protect your hand should your motorcycle land on it.

IMO, good quality leather that's stitched together in such a way that the stitching is the last thing to fail is your best protection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joel : IMO, good quality leather that's stitched together in such a way that the stitching is the last thing to fail is your best protection.
    That is THE ticket to the answer to this question. However, no real way to find out without crash testing, eh?

Joel

ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Joel @ Sep. 06 2003, 10:27am)IMO, good quality leather that's stitched together in such a way that the stitching is the last thing to fail is your best protection.
    That is THE ticket to the answer to this question. *However, no real way to find out without crash testing, eh?
    Yeah, and I'm NOT volunteering.

HondaGalToo

True, it's the quality and stitching of the glove that's just as important, but I think armor in gloves helps, too. I've also heard, that while deerskin is nice and supple and doesn't need to be broken in, that it is too soft to hold up well in a crash. The kangaroo skin used by Held holds up better because of the pore structure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2